1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Mining Mech v. Enraged Koala

Terraform everything!

1. TP_

TP_ Title Not Found

TP_ submitted a new mod:

Mining Mech - Terraform everything!

Read more about this mod...

AnonTheMouse, yk999 and ReMark like this.
  2. stimtheone

stimtheone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, a suggestion would be lights. Either the mech to radiate light in a manner similar to a lantern or similar to a flashlight (but stronger and wider... this is a mech).

Also Jet Boots. If it can't ascend other than by mining upwards sloping tunnels we might see ourselves entering and exiting a lot (but the jets must cost a lot of energy to use)

Ixath likes this.
  3. Furinex

Furinex Phantasmal Quasar

Game crashes when I try and lock this tech in :(

wyspar likes this.
  4. TP_

TP_ Title Not Found

If you experience any problems please send me your starbound.log file after a crash that would help a lot.

5. bice

bice Void-Bound Voyager

How use this tech?

6. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

Does this destroy all blocks instantly or is it more akin to the speed of a slightly better diamond pick/drill?

7. shawn severas

shawn severas Space Hobo

a video on installation would be nice too for those who don't know what coding is nor win-zip lol . also for the mech to have lights or possibly deploy lights from the inventory kinda like buoys either way it is a good mod to begin with and i hope to see more thanks.

8. shawn severas

shawn severas Space Hobo

if you looked at the beginning page that is real time he is using in the video it destroys blocks to the equivalent of 40 or 50 pickaxes at once

9. Papa Murphzzz

Papa Murphzzz Space Hobo

How do you use the Mech ? I have it unlocked and in my No1. Tech slot but i cant seem to get it to work ;-;

10. freebird82

freebird82 Void-Bound Voyager

yep i have the same issue as papa murphzzz. i crafted it and then locked it in my tech slot and then when to the planet and selected it on my toon but it doesnt seem to do anything. also it may be worth noting that i still have a copy of the tech in my inventory as well for some reason.

11. Papa Murphzzz

Papa Murphzzz Space Hobo

I found out how to do it, push F :3

freebird82 likes this.
  12. 0siris

0siris Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, this looks really cool...

So how it works, is you install the mod and automatically unlock the tech for it? using the tech, like others posted, with F spawns it or?... I'de kind of prefer if you had to get parts to build it, but I'll try it out and see for myself. Thanks for the upload.

13. TP_

TP_ Title Not Found

Yeah just press F to activate after locking it in and selecting it in your inventory gui like any other tech.
    Working on Lights, turns out to be quite hard to add permanent lighting to a tech...
    Thx so much for the feedback

14. 0siris

I'm just curious if there is any way to make it something other than a tech? I mean, maybe somehow you would craft it, much like the robot? I realize it's a mod, but I feel a bit cheaty if I just press a button and get a mech that will dig super efficiently, for free.

15. katsuo

katsuo Void-Bound Voyager

Press F when you jump

16. 6135

6135 Void-Bound Voyager

I push f and i get on it but it doesn't mine

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  17. 6135

6135 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing on multiplayer

18. Ixath

Ixath Starship Captain

That's dirt. My diamond pick destroys dirt about that fast. I was curious about non-dirt blocks....

19. 0siris

In my short time using it I noticed it was pretty fast to mine almost every block.The only block I came across while testing the mod that seemed to take a bit longer was magmarock, which is very slow, even with a diamond pickaxe. And of course non-block entities like vines and pixel pods.

20. Creamdonut

Creamdonut Void-Bound Voyager

it should also be able to mine out background on right click,i love this mod but i love it for its abylity to clear of mountains and such,to terraform the landscape,but i hate useing my drill afterwords to destroy background.
    Oh and i think this type of vechicle should be ingame and not a mod, awsome thing