1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting universe/characters related question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Flux Wildly, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Flux Wildly

Flux Wildly Big Damn Hero

Morning folks! My question is:

1. Is it possible to delete universe(make a clean one) without deleting your characters? If so, I'd greatly appreciate walking me thru this process :)

2. Deleting only your server universe(again, keeping character) and starting it anew with your old character?

I know theres a way to do delete universe AND character all together, and still "save" your items, but it's really tedious for a neat freak like me to pass all my stuff to other character in multiplayer, so I can get it back on a new character later ( Not really worried about tech upgrades or blueprints, It'll be fun to search for those later )

PS: I know there is a thread partly answering my questions, but it requires time to find it and I must be working now, but all my thoughts are still about Starbound and how to solve this little issue( Thanks in advance for folks, who will find a moment to help me out!

PPS: Loving this game so far, even in this stage it can easily be named GOTY for me, already spent whooping 100+ hours enjoying! Ah those sleepless nights )

Cheers, Flux.

2. h0ax

h0ax Void-Bound Voyager

Go to starbound's installation directory and locate the players and universe folder. Delete the contents. Voila!

Xpace likes this.
  3. Flux Wildly

As i understand it will delete both, characters And my universe?

4. h0ax

h0ax Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. If you only want to delete the universe, then delete the universes only.

Flux Wildly likes this.
  5. Flux Wildly

Cheers! Helped me a lot, this way it is possible to make a new and undiscovered server without problems)

6. FDru

FDru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Characters are stored in the "player" folder. Deleting the entire universe folder is safe. The only issue is resetting of quest progress since I believe that's stored in the universe folder, but it's not really a big problem.