1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound stuck at loading and unable to launch server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Raichael, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raichael

Raichael Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! Previously I had been having no problems with launching Starbound, but after I downloaded the new patch something seemed to have happened. I can launch the game but it sits at the loading screen for eternity. Also, when I try to use my server, which had previously worked fine, I get the message "StarException Named config function 'depth2' defined twice, second time from /biomes/oredistributions.configfunctions
    0041A34F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:130)
    ... (3)
    (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32\bld../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt.1c:254)
    77A8BF39
    77A8BF0C

I've deleted my Starbound files twice and re-installed them, but nothing seems to be working at all.

2. Bahumat

Bahumat Space Hobo

Having this same problem since update evening of December 11th. Just stuck on 'Loading' forever, no changes. Error code I get for Server startup:

StarException: Named config function 'depth2' defined twice, second time from /biomes/oredistributions.configfunctions
    0041A34F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarRood.cpp:130)
    ... (3)
    (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3
    -1mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt.c:254)
    77689F72
    77689F45

====

SOLUTION FOUND

The game isn't sanity checking the files in the directory. I had a backup of oredistributions.configfunctions titled 'oredistributions.configfunctions - more coal' in the directory, and evidently it was loading either that or both files. Deleted the backup file, everything worked fine.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. CeeDub

CeeDub Void-Bound Voyager

You made a backup copy of your oredistributions.configfunctions file, and left it in the folder. The game client tries to load -everything- under the assets subdirectory, regardless of file extension. Remove the oredistributions.configfunctions backup file and try again.

4. Raichael

Raichael Intergalactic Tourist

I deleted this file and then my game told me that I had more duplicate files of another file. I don't though, so I don't really understand what is going on.

5. DALAVISTIA

DALAVISTIA Space Hobo

im just stuck on the loading screen i didnt have any message pop up

6. TapTap

TapTap Void-Bound Voyager

Same

7. GrayWolfSev

GrayWolfSev Space Hobo

I to am stuck just on the loading screen. I figured maybe if I just wait but I have roughly 20 min in the game and all of it was spent on the loading screen. no error messages or anything.

8. MLKMLK

MLKMLK Space Hobo

Im stuck on the loading screen also with no popoups and never even got to play the game once. So far i have waited about 15 min

9. TapTap

TapTap Void-Bound Voyager

My solution was right clicking it in Steam selecting properties, then selecting Local files and clicking Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

Hope this helps ;3

10. dumb noob

dumb noob Aquatic Astronaut

my loading screen just takes a millenium but it still works, lol

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The thing is, this thread is referring to an older version of the game. Since it's is no longer relevant, locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.