1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. 123nick

123nick Void-Bound Voyager

even better than i expected! this mod will be the best mod EVER! i am certain of that.

2. Affero

Affero Contributor

So, any ETA on the alpha version? (Haven't looked through all the commments) <3

3. Legion2552

Legion2552 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love everything that I have read thus-far. Please keep us posted. A lot of this should be put into the game by release IMO anyways. :p

4. Ender1117

Ender1117 Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any way to get a download for what is already available?
    This is some amazing stuff, I'm honestly looking forward to it.

Please keep updates coming.

5. Now as is, mod has almost nothing, except Human Cruiser, some armor modifications, and some starship parts, which are not enough to make complete ship. When I will finish at least enough amount of parts, so players will be able to make complete ship, even not very detailed, I will upload it here. I also hope this will help Tiy change his mind that making modular starship system is very hard :)

6. Ender1117

Thanks, Is there a way to get the Cruiser? The people watching such things have been going bananas over it.
    My mates and I are very interested, and are quite impressed at what you have been doing. Keep it up!

So say we all.

7. Wait a little bit. Otherwise after getting cruiser you will be rather disappointed. Since I'm working IRL, I can't do much progress during normal day, but my weekends are completely free. I will try to get something finished during this weekend.

8. Ender1117

I completely understand. As far as I can tell, most of us here are adults, and most have jobs. Priorities come first.

9. KethuDar

KethuDar Tentacle Wrangler

GregTech for Starbound? Shut up and take my money! :p

Quixotic likes this.
  10. Vendix

Vendix Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crap.

PTW

11. qqq122qq

qqq122qq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks really cool.
    Also, didn't you make a mod for SPAZ.

12. Here some progress, most basic hull parts are finished, except inverted corners, but I will add them today. Basically, you can already create any ship form you want, but so far without any "decorative features" - they will be implemented later...
    [​IMG]

13. JoeShmo

JoeShmo Void-Bound Voyager

He started on an an ambitious mod project, but its still in its alpha stage over a year later. He comes in every once in a while to make an appearance and to update with any progress hes done. I was curious what else he was up to that was keeping him from finishing his Fight for Universe mod for SPAZ, I guess this is one of those projects lol. It seems that the universal "irl work" means more than the 9-5 .

The Starbound mod is looking good thus far. Hopefully hes not stretching himself too thin between all his projects; almost a year since he started this one.

14. xCovertWolfx

xCovertWolfx Tentacle Wrangler

another good idea would be a planet destroyer defense as a last resort if all else fails you self destruct the planet destroying anything that has not evacuated. the process to build is very tenuous because you have to send the system to the planet core in order to get the enough mass for the explosion. there is a countdown for you to have time to beam to your ship but once triggered every facility also self destructs during countdown inflicting mass and final damage. note: fps might have significant drops. planets destroyed or decayed get randomly generated in 1-2 hours

15. Fight for Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra v0.11 is available for download. Link and installation instructions are at the end of the very first post.

16. Currently for now is most problematic part in SPAZ mod for me is changing all ship variants equipment in to new one, and not just changing it, but making it more or less balanced. Take all ships available for player in SPAZ, and now multiply it by 6. Six - is amount of variants besides default Civilian variant, now add to each variant time, that I need to make it balanced, so Basic variant won't overkill Advanced variant with one shot. By the amount of work it as same as writing all game content for SPAZ as I did. And please don't forget that it is not only altering ship variants, I also change default link points and mounts to make hull suitable to new balance settings.

17. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

I'm still rather bothered by the block data and world data. Not that you're adding it- that's great, but I was fairly certain that that was planned for the original game (or something like it) and now that it's not I'm... awfully upset. I was expecting different planets to have different grades of wood that modified effectiveness of buildings and whatnot.
    Maybe that's still on the planned listing? But looking at the roadmap and everything maybe I assumed too much of the world generation.

18. Ender1117

Hate to say this, but I am running into a lot of errors trying to unzip that download. Can you please check to make sure the uploaded file isn't corrupted, or perhaps upload a .rar version of the file?

Perhaps It is just me?

19. Oh, you just need to use WinRar or 7zip.

20. Ender1117

I am, They are giving me a ton of errors and removing anything that isn't a folder or .png