1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5p1r17

5p1r17 Master Chief

I found a FIX for people who cant load a launcher or game in steam!
    Bug/Crash description: When you pressing "PLAY" button on steam, laucher crashes after 1 or 0.5 seconds with no errors. Same happens when you try to launch Starbound.exe

FIX: You have to create NEW Windows user account with admin privelegies! In my case I named it "Starbound". Close Steam on current account. Go to 'Start-> Shutdown -> Switch users' and Select new user. Open steam and launch Starbound

These steps worked for me. Hope that helps someone too. Good luck guys!

My specs:
    - Windows 7 x64
    - Asus P8Z68V-Pro
    - Intel i7 2600
    - 16gb DDR3
    - GTX 560ti

2. Mr.WubWub

Mr.WubWub Space Hobo

3. Mr.WubWub

Mr.WubWub Space Hobo

4. Kuckles

Kuckles Intergalactic Tourist

This worked for me after the update, I am using Windows 7 and was stuck on the Loading screen.
    1. Delete local content on steam.
    2. Go to the steamapps/commons folder and delete the starbound folder
    3. Restart computer
    4. Reinstall starbound via steam
    5. Start starbound, meanwhile making sure nothing else (not even the launcher) was running in the background.

It now appears to work.

5. KFD

KFD Void-Bound Voyager

Dude! After all the other work arounds failed, this one worked for me on Xp! Oh and while I was logged into the Starbound User profile, I changed my main login to limited and applied it, then back to Administrator, switched User and now Starbuond works on my Primary user account!

5p1r17 likes this.
  6. Byrdman

Byrdman Space Hobo

Log in select chr. appear on ship, but when I beam down the game crashes... every time now

7. TheRexion

TheRexion Void-Bound Voyager

If you're game hangs on the logo screen with an access denied error, move your Starbound folder to somewhere besides Program Files (whether that means deleting and re-downloading or what have you).

8. 504knight

504knight Space Hobo

I noticed a lot of people having the same problem as me. When I press play it shuts down immediately please help!

9. Oxx

Oxx Aquatic Astronaut

My friend was playing fine for the first day, and since then this has been happening to him every single time. Haven't found a solution, yet. Any luck on your end?

10. 5p1r17

5p1r17 Master Chief

Have you tried my fix? Look few posts above

11. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Starting to get scared on my 2.20ghz laptop.. Watching task manager my ram sits around 2.7-3gb out of 4 used, and when the lag starts my CPU bar is usually (but not always) between 90-100% used.. Read a thread that Steam (though I couldn't find where) says 2.20ghz is too weak for Starbound (doubt the Intel integrated graphics card ((Express Chipset Family 4) helps too.. :( Which is odd because I've had lots of enemies on screen at once (though not the first boss, that was lag-city..), on my ship it runs perfectly smooth, I get bad lag from exploring planets for quite a while (eventually something starts it slowing down, I suspect sand/water shifting, or maybe hidden NPCs/monsters rampaging..) The reason I blame optimization is because this lag always follows me back to the ship (where before it ran perfectly..). I know no "official" specs have been released yet, but I'm hoping hard my craptop will cut it when all is told :wut: Want that optimization phase to get here, or start now, but at the same time that'll be when I officially hear I'm doomed, too :>

12. DripDrone

DripDrone Space Hobo

So, you're playing on a Mac, and the last update borked your game. You press play, you see the penguin icon for a second, then it disappears, and the game doesn't launch. You've verified your game cache, you've uninstalled and reinstalled through Steam, and it's still not working.

If the game still isn't running, here's what you do:

• Right-click Starbound in your Library
    • Go to Properties
    • Go to the Local Files tab
    • Go to Browse Local Files
    • Delete that entire Starbound folder
    • (Optional) Back in the Properties window, under Local Files, click Delete Local Files. This is so you don't have to restart Steam for it to recognize that you've manually uninstalled Starbound.
    • Install Starbound

The game is sitting at 1.2 GB, so it shouldn't be too lengthy of a download from there. If you're really attached to your characters, copy the player folder, and paste it back in after your reinstall.

TheMarvin likes this.
  13. dark-stardragon

dark-stardragon Void-Bound Voyager

Fresh install (deleting local content and manually deleting the starbound folder, restarting steam and reinstall) did it for me, first time I've been able to play starbound without manual fixing
    I use Windows XP

14. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

It worked for me. I could place it in a corner, so it connected wall and ceiling. Other than that, please report bugs in the bug threat, not in this work-arounds thread.

15. BagOnuts

BagOnuts Void-Bound Voyager

anyone have a problem where in single player the fps is shite but when in a multiplayer server it's fine ?

16. Miskatonic

Miskatonic Space Hobo

Not tried multiplayer yet, but my fps on single player is really bad and I've tried all workarounds.

Fair play, though, it's still beta. Got to expect some nonsense but still, it bugs me my friends can play this no problem and I can't. I'll just have to put it down to me being a total twit.

I will try multiplayer, though, see if that makes a difference.

17. Octodad

Octodad Void-Bound Voyager

I have problems with fps, and my graphics card is a amd... searched and tried all the things on the forum so far to no avail...

18. bjork66

bjork66 Space Hobo

I have waited for over half an hour to get the game to exit the loading screen and I use Windows 7 64bit

19. dj21095

dj21095 Astral Cartographer

20. Boognyte

Boognyte Void-Bound Voyager

Sup guys. I posted before about my fps issues. Some linked some fix about c++ need to be installed and that didn't work. I understand this is beta and issues are to be expected. But mind half of us on here are not playing a free beta. I'm no game coder or do I work in the industry in any way. But common sense dictates that the game should have as much optimization as possible be for you start dishing out new content and overhauling combat and such. I just think if your expecting feedback you would want it from as many players as possible and not just the few who can run the game with no problems. The more people giving feedback the better and the more bugs you find. Since there was a price tag on early access and no min or max specs . The game should be playable for all. I expect crashes and shit to happen. But not constant fps issues so bad that you can't critique combat. I tried playing with a family member last night and he has a decent pc. He could not be logged into ventriloquist and play starbound. Now what kind of bug is that. If he tried to speak while playing he would lag on my screen also and crash. Please don't get me wrong. I love this game so far. But I think you guys should be working on making sure it plays smooth, and works for people who can run it. To me it's so random now. I read on some post with people who have worst pc specs then me running it smoothly. Please guys please work on optimization before content.

Mongo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.