1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hologirls

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by Squeegy, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

2. Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

This would be the perfect decoration for a cantina.

Reminds me of the Holographic dancers from Star Wars. I would love to see more colors/variations be added in the future. Definitely keeping my eye on this one.

UrashimaStar likes this.
  3. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Been following your posts on 4chan. Can't wait to see future updates. Thanks for finally uploading the first draft!

4. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

Yeah, it'll probably take me a bit of work, though. Quite a labor-intensive project. Colors I hadn't thought of, but could certainly see into adding.

No problem. I learned a lot working on it. Were you the person who made the original request?

5. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Nah, that wasn't me. I was the annoying one begging for other races. Still, glad to see this came to life. To hell with the haters, you did a great job. Animation is pretty fluid, although the lack of motion other than the bounce and the slight arm movement is a little off-putting, but as you said, you were learning while doing it. Can't wait to see what you do with this in the future.

6. Afflicted One

As you said, just pace yourself with smaller projects.

Also, I too have seen your posts /vg/.

Edit: I made a blue version and edited the bottom part to make it look like some kind of holo-emitter. I don't know if you will be able to use this or not, I have just been using it in my own game.

[​IMG]

7. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

The bottom part was already a holo-emitter. You've sort of lost the transparency, there, but I could use the palette. Colors will definitely be coming after everything else is finished, though.

8. Afflicted One

It looks a lot better in the game, all I did was color-shift it, so the transparency should be preserved.

I also changed the bottom so that it wasn't a flat color, but it doesn't really change much and I can't decide if I like it or not.

9. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

>mfw I close the Photoshop file with all the layers without saving them
    Well, good thing I was done with that one.

e: Managed to recover an older version of it, so not a total loss. Should be easy enough to edit back to where it was when I want. Thanks, Microsoft!

10. Afflicted One

You should add this line to the .object file:

"printable" : false,

At the moment you can just buy it from the 3d printer at the very start of the game.

11. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

Sort of intentional. Wire isn't exactly easy to come by. The price is pretty steep; IIRC it's 1000 credits.

12. Sledra

Sledra Slotherator 2.0

Thread locked after OP request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.