1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

i wouldnt say "soon" at all, more likely after the final release of Starbound. making a mod of this scope for a beta version doesnt make much sense imo.

2. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

you can't really apply sense to modders, they are a unique type of being.

3. n0Trace

n0Trace Void-Bound Voyager

it's a joke, "soon™" came to mean anytime between now and the heat death of the universe. (half life 3 is coming out "soon™")

4. I can, but so far I've done it only for humans, and not other races. In addition this ship holds really powerful items from start in storage for sake of testing. Are you still fine with it?

Can't promise anything.

You got the right way of thinking I see :rofl:

5. Cadz

Cadz Void-Bound Voyager

This is intense. Good luck.

6. n0Trace

n0Trace Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, the human ship is the one i want, and i don't mind the overpowered items if they are too gamebreakingly powerful i can toss them.

7. cederjack

cederjack Pangalactic Porcupine

I LOVE the idea! i cant wait til its done! X3

8. abrokenchinadoll

abrokenchinadoll Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im all for this idea :3

9. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't wait for this to be finished in twenty years.

10. Counciler

Counciler Master Chief

Seems like a very ambitious mod. Hopefully you've got the stones to see it through to the finish!

11. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Human ship looks great. If it's not too much trouble, I would also appreciate a download link.

12. I've decided to give a try to create modular starship construction, so far everything goes as planned:
    [​IMG]

Hendaron, ejh1990, Quixotic and 3 others like this.
  13. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Beyond excited. I was expecting the advanced material system to be in the vanilla starbound, and maybe it still will be, but the fact that you're working on it is awesome. Keep up the great work and I hope something neat comes out of this.

14. ejh1990

ejh1990 Phantasmal Quasar

Now this is beyond awesome. During the long wait for Beta I was thinking of all the things that Starbound could be. And this captures pretty much everything I was hoping for. A hardcore overhaul with a greater emphasis on survival truly completes the space survival / exploration theme. Definitely keeping an eye on this mega-mod. ^-^d

kainfury likes this.
  15. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

I cannot wait for this warstalker,once again,Thank you for adding extreme diversity to the game,and full potential of even unexpected...

Thank you,hope your mod will get on the top stage,Amazing Job

16. So, this is my decision about modular ship construction: I will completely implement modular starship construction, but so far it will be nothing more then eye-candy objects with no real properties. Game still will load spaceship from their original location. I will try to make it as much as possible modifiable with all these starship parts I implement, but there is a limit to things you can change. On the other side, by adding starship parts in to game, even as eye-candy objects with no real properties, I've prepared nice framework for possible future starship modular construction, where you actually will be use for battles, invasions, planetary bombardment & etc. For more information and Tiy's plans just read at the end of the first post "Advanced Spaceships & Space Battles" part.

17. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

I would like a download link if possible, and I can deal with the powerful items included on the ship. Thanks for the great work so far.

18. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im curious whether the platforms were placed manually or using the .structure file because i can't get it to work lol.

19. 123nick

123nick Void-Bound Voyager

this mod seems very ambitious, but i love ambitious mods (as long as they get atleast a single release version out) will there be like, ore refinery so you get more ingots from 1 piece of ore?

20. A little bit more complex. For example default formula goes like this, from 20 ore chunks you get 10 ingots. And let's take for example that ore purity is 50% only and rest 50% are misc stuff/trash. Basically you could set up to produce 10 ingots of same shitty quality, or you can produce 5 100% pure ingots and 10 chunks of trash. In addition based on quality of refinery final product (ingots in that case) will vary, i.e. you still can produce 95% purity ingot from 100% pure two chunks of ore.