Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Tec-ums's lab away from home. She will rebuild.

2. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

You're gonna have fun rebuilding that when the game is actually released... make sure you write down the coords.

3. markgodine

markgodine Void-Bound Voyager

Go ahead! I destroyed a Glitch civilization for the bricks. I'm not even that sorry about it either >.>

4. Seredoc

Seredoc Void-Bound Voyager

Never got to show off my place last time, oh well.
    Here's what I've dug out, literally, so far.

[​IMG]

5. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Finally decided to build a house after getting into the beta sector.
    [​IMG]

SirKaldar, BL00DIEDHELL and Seredoc like this.
  6. OrientAcorn

OrientAcorn Void-Bound Voyager

Apparently people liked that so I decided to show my more recent ship from after the wipe.
    [​IMG]
    I love ship houses.

Jackie2581 and SirKaldar like this.
  7. krnzmaster

krnzmaster Starship Captain

wow....... i havent even left my first planet yet and u already have the molten anvil! lol

8. Ghen

Ghen Aquatic Astronaut

i just wanna ask you guys who really have a house here
    1.how did you manage the item storage when exploring to other planet?, or are you leave all the items on the ship and in your house just simply decorative item?
    2.the idea of have a house is that mean you staying on one planet or if you exploring other planet you will choose as close as possible to your home planet?

9. markgodine

markgodine Void-Bound Voyager

I usually left my stuff in my ship's locker. And as for exploring, you can set your homeworld to the planet where you build your house. You can go anywhere in any of the sectors and just click "Go Home" on the navigation panel in your ship to go back to your home planet.

10. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

You can cheese the UFO now with this patch.

11. Spzi

Spzi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My Cool lookin ship home First House.jpg

12. TheCourier

TheCourier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2013-12-10_00001.jpg

My house before the character wipe. I had some lab equipment below ground which is why that hole is there. Also there was a nice little banana farm to the left. That's me in my beautiful wedding dress I found in a castle :rofl:

SirKaldar and alvaro1000 like this.
  13. Firestar

Firestar Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    My home. :) It needed more plating but with the wipe incoming.... meh.
    Took me forever to get some of the blocks. Like the stupid wicker that's only used in one tile high in the garden.
    And clearly I didn't get enough light metal to finish in time, but I'm so proud of this regardless.

I think the entrance is my favorite where it looks like the side of another building.
    I think I'll build my own village on a nice planet whenever steam starts working again.
    The kitchen feels cramped and I really wanted to add a chef spawner to it. Not all that inappropriate to feel a bit cramped on a ship though. I love the different lighting effects and all the little details that went into this project. Sad to see it go.

Wanted to expand the entrance to include archery targets... Yeah, I think next time around, I'll build a nice village somewhere and have only the basics and the large garden on my ship. No need for all that fancy nonsense. It'll go planetside.

What? What do you mean you don't steer your ship by pressing a big, red button? I thought everyone did... ;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. Noble

Noble Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    The house I built last night pre-wipe, I thought of it earlier but never had the resources. I went on a mad dash around planets and finally created my moon base... when suddenly an NPC stim merchant spawned in my house. (she's on the torture table, for some reason)

such cool

Akula079 and SirKaldar like this.
  15. OrientAcorn

OrientAcorn Void-Bound Voyager

The trick is to build a small bunker with hole in the top to fire your bow at the boss ;)

16. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

I cheesed him even without doing that.

17. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

Well the wipe has come and gone, and i've made a new base, that is until the next wipe :

I found a way to zoom out :
    - Open the file starbound.config in the starbound installation folder;
    - Find the line "zoomlevel", set the value to less than 2 (like, 1.5, 0.8, etc)

My picture was taken with a zoomlevel of 1.5.

It even comes with a beautiful sunrise !

[​IMG]

18. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

My friends take materials i build this snow base in the photos is undercosntruction but now is gone with the reset
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shador, Jackie2581, SirKaldar and 3 others like this.
  19. Vicius

Vicius Aquatic Astronaut

Wow! some of you are truly inspirational... thank you for giving me some great ideas :D

Shador likes this.
  20. Korva

Korva Astral Cartographer

Houses are meaningless. I carry crafting equipment with me.