1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Didnt take me too long to get a prototype. My friend demanded the theme when I told him I was gonna take a swing at things, lmao. Figured why the hell not, theres bound to be people here who want to see this race :p

Its not done yet - only done the 1 hairstyle so far, and want to add the ability to choose wings/horn/none, which I'm working on now. Its amazing how easy this is.

[​IMG]

Edit: And that is the feline ship back there. Havent found something I'd like to use for it yet - Was just using a copy of your files for reference. No worries, if I release it public, I'll change the ship to a default one if I don't have one of my own by then)

Dragonisser, Kawa and Heartstrings like this.
  2. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Do you mind if I look at what you have done, and then use bits and pieces to scrap up my own custom race? I can give you credit if you wish.

3. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

I knew it would show up eventually! I'm making a magitech crystal spaceship for an MLP race as I type, actually. I'm having a bit of trouble with shading and reflections, but it's getting somewhere.

4. Fierceflame

Fierceflame Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

"labelSpeciesRadio" : {
    "type" : "label",
    "position" : [69, 222],
    "hAnchor" : "mid",
    "value" : "SPECIES"
    },

Hope you don’t mind if i post my fix to that here.

Kawa likes this.
  5. Skamberin

Skamberin Intergalactic Tourist

Gave your mod a DL, really straight forward stuff. Didn't even have trouble adding the new lines despite using default Notepad to edit.
    Also works like a charm! No issues minus the Character Creation one but that seems to have gotten a fix above, great stuff.

How hard was it to get all this in? I haven't dug into the files yet but I'd like to read a little breakdown from you on your approach :)

Cheers

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

In retrospect, I expected it'd be harder. The most difficult bit has to be figuring out what exactly went wrong. It's likely a JSON problem but the message box isn't too helpful. Luckily there's log files. And the first update doesn't seem capable of showing the message box so I'm glad I made this in the first version and just checked for breaks later on. But sometimes it was just a missing directory, like /cinematics. I hope a tutorial webpage (coming soon, really) counts as "a little breakdown".

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not a problem, brah.

8. starnsworth

starnsworth Void-Bound Voyager

I'LL DO IT! I needed to choose a race to make, Looks like you gave me my answer THANKS!

Possibly wrap the ship in some yarn looking thing?

9. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

My new favorite race :)

Kawa likes this.
  10. Dragonisser

Dragonisser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damnit im too late ;_;

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Eldrake likes this.
  12. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay i got through the main problem, but now : When i press create new character it crashes.
    "PlayerException: No such stored player with uuid
    'a0aa52e2b0a92f97757814880baf1d92'"
    [INSERT RANDOM GIBBERISH HERE]

Help!

EDIT : I DID IT!!! The problem was the leftover player files from the player files, on a nonfunctioning previous try.
    -.-

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  13. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

ok so question. Could I make an accompanying race that works like a rival of the Felin in backstory? I wanna make mice :D if not I'll just make them without tie-ins to the Felin race.

Kawa likes this.
  14. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Check previous posts.

15. medikohl

medikohl Void-Bound Voyager

What about race specific items? I'm envisioning 50's sci fi motif.

Edit:
    Lava lamps!

Retro finned helmets!
    Weapon with a cats paw on the end!

Scratched and damaged furniture?

Race plants:
    catnip
    purrfle

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Kawa likes this.
  16. Uyuxo

Uyuxo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have an answer to your index question (well, at least I think I do). It seems to function as some sort of ID for the species in the character creation screen. I noticed when I changed it to anything above 6, it wouldn't allow me to select the character to create them any more. However, when I added in another species, gave it index slot 6, and the other index slot 7, it all seemed to function normally.

So I still don't quite understand it, but as long as you use the number one higher than the last species it should all work out fine.

Edit: Well I read the rest of the tutorial and it seems you actually answered it yourself later on, so, yeah.

Kawa likes this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Sure, go nuts.
    I like these ideas. Ever since I read this post on my phone when I woke up earlier, I've been considering adding a little shelf to the ship with a lava lamp on. Both destructible, for no good reason at all.
    And that's why I'd like charcreation.config to use species names to bind those buttons.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I am also happy to announce that the new update reverted exactly one change -- the species list in player.config.

19. medikohl

medikohl Void-Bound Voyager

If that dungeon creation tool ever gets made, I could do some work creating a race specific village and or sawblade dungeon

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well, that'd be lovely. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here trying to find a good spot to put that lava lamp...