1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Extended ships mod -UNIQUE Designs for every Races-

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by SkylerNetwork, Dec 8, 2013.

1. SkylerNetwork

SkylerNetwork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I started modifying the Apex ship last weekend and I was thinking, why not build unique ships for every races?
    So I began designing new ships, with the same color patterns and unique aspects they already had, and will be crafting brand new ships for all of them. The Apex ship is almost done ( You can see below ) and I have the Glitch ship as well as the Human ship on paper, now to make them real.

Things you should know:
    • EVERY ship has Unique room placement and shapes.
    • EVERY ship has the same storage space
    • I can not work everyday on the ships as I am a streamer
    • BUT I do have a poll open to dedicate a day for modding on my stream ( Link below )
    • I am working alone on this project and I will not collaborate with anyone, sorry
    • I do, however, accept suggestions and feedback ( For immediate answer, visit the stream and share your ideas there. )

Cheers!

People on my Stream loved it, what about you guys?

Updates!
    • Fixed the Hit-box and some graphical issues for the Apex ship.
    • The Glitch ship has been designed and will be worked on during the next few days.
    • The Human ship is currently being designed.
    • The Avian, Floran and Hytolt ships are yet to be designed.

Apex ship:

Glitch ship:
    COMING SOON

Human ship:
    COMING SOON

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Destructor, Med, WoxandWarf and 2 others like this.
  2. Cheezemaniac

Cheezemaniac Pangalactic Porcupine

I think it would, I think the middle could be merged together to open up for more customization.

3. Destructor

Destructor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally love it. It's a bit bigger than the other main ship mod, but not giant sized like I've seen some others do.

Problem is, if you do release it in all the other races, which ship mod to use...

4. SkylerNetwork

I've had that idea, too. I might end up removing that platform but I'm not sure yet. We'll see. :)

I didn't really want to make it giant, since this would technically be the Tier 3 ship, I think it's perfect like this. ( The Tier 2 would only remove the second floor and keep the extra room in the front )

I don't quite understand your last sentence though. "Which Ship mod to use.." ?

5. SkylerNetwork

The main idea was to make big ships for more advanced players, "Story"-wise, since with experience and exploration you technically have the knowledge and resources to build a bigger, better ship. I will probably add a bigger Fuel tank as the tiers go up. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them here!

6. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Looks really nice. i like it!

7. SkylerNetwork

Thank you for the feedback :)

8. SkylerNetwork

Updated the ships, added an in-game screenshot too.

9. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Oh yeah, that looks excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it. :love:

SkylerNetwork likes this.
  10. SkylerNetwork

As soon as all the ships will be done I'll put the link up for download. :)

11. SkylerNetwork

Going to work on the Glitch Spaceship on my Twitch.tv channel tonight! ( Link in my Signature ) Streaming at 9PM EST

12. SkylerNetwork

I would have the Glitch ship ready tonight but it appears that I didn't back-up my folders before my PC Crashed. WELP.. I'll be working on both Glitch and Human tomorrow before my stream. Got to like those little things right?.. Cheers!

13. 0siris

0siris Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the ship, but was wondering, could I use that ship while playing as a Floran, or is it limited to apex only? :x

14. SkylerNetwork

I currently am working on completely customized ships for every races.

15. SkylerNetwork

Update: I did NOT abandon this project. I am, however, waiting for the game to be more stable. ( Less changes all around )

Thanks for the support guys. :)