1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Functioning Mining Helmet

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by Afflicted One, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

Download here:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/52/?

Image:
    [​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/qu5y1j3.png

Mining helmets have been widely requested, so here it is.

The mining helmet's design was inspired by Terraria and behaves the same way. It offers minimal damage protection and is only slightly better than the copper helmet. However in exchange for armor value you will get a portable light source! The helmet will only provide light if it is equipped in your primary head slot, not in your vanity slot. (Again, just like Terraria.)

The helm can be made at an anvil and requires 24 copper bars, 250 pixels, yellow dye, and a yellow flashlight.

I may add more tiers of mining helmets in the future. I probably won't change the way the helmet behaves, in the interest of keeping the game balanced.

If you are experiencing any issues with installation or the mod itself please notify me.

Install instructions:

If you are using a mod loader, put this folder in your mod folder and edit player.config approriatly.
    ------------------------
    1.) Place the 'mininghelm' folder in your Starbound assets folder (located in your starbound directory) located here:

Program FilesSteamLibrarySteamAppscommonStarboundassets

2.)Add the following line to your player.config file:

{ "item" : "mininghelmhead" },

3.)Start the game
    -----------------------

ReMark, UrashimaStar, Ulyssys and 4 others like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

You made a helmet and added the glow method...nothing impressive. 2/10 at best.

3. Afflicted One

Again, I've seen this requested numerous times, and as far as I know no one has made it yet. I never intended it to be "impressive". It is just a very minor modification.

I made it mostly for personal use, but I figured it would be a waste not to upload it (especially since people have asked for it). I will be making more ground breaking creations in the future.

4. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well i think its impressive to make an request even how small it is and make it public so everone else can enjoy it, dont be a hater anonmoose

jimbo1111, ReMark and UrashimaStar like this.
  5. NinjaBoffin

NinjaBoffin Big Damn Hero

I think this is a nice idea, as crafting and using your torches can get a bit wasteful.
    +1 for effort and actually doing people request!
    :D

6. Afflicted One

Update: 10/12/2013
    -Edited data to accommodate new armor system
    -Nerfed light value a bit to preserve the usefulness of torches
    -Edited the sprite slightly to make it look less awkward on certain races

ReMark likes this.
  7. ReMark

ReMark Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope I am not necro'ing this thread, but this is a really great mod, and even greater of the mod author to accommodate the public's requests.

I was searching through the assets/armors/other folder when I stumbled across "leveltestarmor". I am guessing you used that as the base of your helm? (Resourceful, if so!)

I hope a developer adds this to the game at some point, seeing as how the assets are there for it!