1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hylotl Space Ship Reskin - A more cool and sleek design

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Shiokuri, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

From the moment I set eyes on the Hylotl ship, I knew I would have to spend some time revamping it to my own standards. I am sure there are many of you who enjoy Chucklefish's design of it, which humorously turns it into a giant fish, bright orange with a massive googly eye. I, on the other hand, found it a mockery to the Hylotl race, and finally have decided to fix this problem.

In order to provide all Hylotls with a better (and more serious) experience, I have changed the ship to a cool blue color, while redesigning the front to have a sleeker look, and altogether removing the eye. As well as all this, I also made slight changes to the top and bottom of the ship, while keeping the fins on the top and engine, because although a giant flying fish is silly, the fins provide a nice look to the ship and also remind us of our watery homes.

Here is how it looks now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now includes an optional file with different lights:

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/36/?
    Sorry if you don't like the nexus, I just don't like mediafire and would much rather have my file hosted on the nexus. :) Technically you can just save the showcase of the texture I provided above if you know what you're doing.

Installation:
    Quick instructions: (Your Drive)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/ships/hylotl
    Put the file there.

For those who don't understand very easily:
    1. Extract the file.
    2. Find your Starbound Steam folder. (Usually located within: (Your Drive)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound)
    3. Open the assets folder, then the ships folder, and finally hylotl folder.
    4. Copy and paste the "dropship.png" image over the one that is already in the hylotl folder.

I hope you like my changes made to the ship. If so, please tell me so that I can consider doing changes to the other ships as well.[/Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    ZeroKnight, Slimy, Lord Kain and 3 others like this.
  2. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Yes, this looks far better than the floating goldfish spacecraft Hylotl have to fly now.

3. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Thanks, I appreciate your support. :)
    I'm also thinking of changing the Floran ship to make it more unique, since just vines isn't enough for me. And then I may also make the glitch ship and avian ship look a bit more aerodynamic and ship-like, instead of castle and pyramid-like.

4. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

i like this, please make more!

5. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I'm not exactly sure how to change out the lights, but luckily they are replaceable. I guess I could always retexture the Chinese lights, but the only problem is that they would then be changed for any Hylotl villages/dungeons/etc you visit.

Thanks :) I'll be able to start working on some of the other space ships tomorrow.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Necro-

Necro- Yeah, You!

maybe it's just me but to me it's identical except blue :\

7. Okash

Okash Void-Bound Voyager

look in the same directory that the image was in:

open up "dropship.structure" with notepad

look for the bit that says: "hylotllantern1"

that's the reference to the lamp object in the ship. You can replace that with any other light object in the game.

For example you can use "apexshiplight" to use the plain light that the other ships have

8. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Thanks, I guess I'll add that and see how it looks :D

Now added it as an optional file on my nexus page.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  9. Xenogression

Xenogression Aquatic Astronaut

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like it, it looks great but I guess that the Hylotls are supposed to be samurai/japanese themed ships, so red is my personal favorite for the hylotls, anyways great job!
    Also I agree with the people above, the lights should be blue if the ship is blue.

10. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I made an optional file to download different lights now as well.

I really just thought it was too bright imo, so instead of making it dark red/orange, I changed it to a lightish blue, since they are aquatic and blue is generally thought of as a good color for water.

Xenogression likes this.
  11. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you please reskin the floran ship? I dislike the pink.

12. Fishie

Fishie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Definitely liking my ship more after installing this mod!

[​IMG]

WoxandWarf and Shiokuri like this.
  13. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

just in to show my support! looking forward to human and glitch ships :)

14. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Thanks for your support guys, I've had a busy week, but hopefully over the weekend I will have time to do some reskinning. :) Also I'll set up a page on the forum mods-sections.

15. YamahaMom86

YamahaMom86 Poptop Tamer

Not to sound... eh... stoopid, but.... I unzipped the contents into the assets\ships\hylotl folder and nothing happened. even made a new hylotl character, and still that ugly, repulsive orange. tips?