1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

[Vanilla Modding] [SOCIAL] [RP] iLoveBacons.com - +60 Slots & More!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Bacon, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Joaoseinha

Joaoseinha Void-Bound Voyager

I enter this server and I find two annoying pricks in santa claus suits shooting spawn with rockets and instantly killing everyone. GG.

2. We keep resetting the spawn as much we can, so such santas don't keep gifting you, your death. :rofl:
    You can always ask for help / party to travel to another planet right now.

3. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My girlfriend and i started playing on your server on Saturday the EU one seeing the AUS one isn't ready yet, All we did was mine coal and chop wood then traveled to another planet, I dont understand why everyone is staying at the spawn planet :wut:

4. TinnedEpic

TinnedEpic Void-Bound Voyager

Likewise, I am playing the EU instead of waiting for AUS :p. Got coal, went off to the next system... got lonely and came back to spawn and joined a band of traveling musicians. I think atm people are holding off on doing anything because of the character reset that's coming.

5. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Glad to see you're enjoying yourselves! The server does have a decent connection to Australia. We have/had a bunch of Australians who play on our minecraft server(s) as well.

TinnedEpic likes this.
  6. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Australians do like Bacon "wordplay". Started on the new galaxy last night and some jerk went and put a propeller in the spawn area of the first planet. Lucky i had enough fuel so i quickly fled to a neighboring system to find and develop a base of operation.

How many more times will the system reset. I want to make a base and develop my group out further but there is no real point if the system keeps wiping :wut:

Bacon likes this.
  7. TinnedEpic

TinnedEpic Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah the connections pretty stable anyways. :D loving it so far.

Bacon likes this.
  8. Katorone

The server was updated to the latest version. Enjoy!

Bacon likes this.
  9. Sevein

Sevein Space Hobo

Hi!

Im new to this game and games like it. All i know is the basic mechanics of the game. My wish is to mainly play with my friend, build a base with him and scavenge some planets. I see all this talk about public servers and i want to know more about it and how it works. If i, for example, would be on your guys server i could pretty much bump in to you guys right? Will i have a random spawnpoint of my own or will i always end up where u guys are? I dont mind having other ppl around, thats fun, but i also want the option of just playing with my friend. So again, how does it work? If i would jump into your guys server right now, where would i end up and what would i meet?

As i said i have never been in a game like this and i have never been on a dedicated server this way. Even obvious things could be things i havent thought about. Also, how would my friend and i be able to join u guys? We are 30 year old swedes that will mostly play on our own and we wont know what we are doing.

Cheers!

10. Katorone

Hi Sevein,

Everybody on the server starts on a specific planet, which gets reset everytime the server reboots.
    From that planet you and your friend(s) can pretty much go anywhere. So you can really form party's of your own liking and play with or without people as much as you like.

Try it out? There are tons of helpful people online. :D

Regards

Bacon likes this.
  11. Everybody, any problems with our server and useful info about crash, restart, lag, can be found here: http://ilovebacons.com/threads/starbound-server-info-about-restarts-and-resets.285/

@Sevein We have a default server spawn, you can travel then for where you want, you will be there next time you enter. So you can party your friend and have your little corner of the Universe. So it's pretty normal you can singleplayer inside the server. This beta phase you may notice restart here and there but always get back after some min. ;)

12. Sevein

Sevein Space Hobo

Thx a lot for the info guys! To join i just enter the IP? No password?

Ill talk to my friend an maybe we pop in later tonight!

Bacon likes this.
  13. Katorone

Server is currently down. I'm updating it to the latest version.

Edit: Server is back up. For the moment there's no login or password needed to play.
    This might change in the future, that's up to Bacon really. :)

Enjoy !

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Bacon likes this.
  14. Sevein

Sevein Space Hobo

Sweet!

Bacon likes this.
  15. falkenbr

falkenbr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice server, good players.

Waiting the next server update to join again.

Bacon likes this.
  16. @falkenbr we already have the spawn built already anti-grief, what update you're looking for? :D

17. Wazumba

Wazumba Aquatic Astronaut

Hey bacon, I can't connect :C is the server up?

18. NightmareX91

NightmareX91 Phantasmal Quasar

Bacon, you should set up the new account feature in order to protect this server as much as possible.

19. We are always up, the server restarts but that only takes a minute. ;)

The account feature seems to be not working, just one early implementation devs introduced on this build.

20. NightmareX91

NightmareX91 Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, makes sense.