1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was totally thinking the same thing. :up:

Jagaeg likes this.
  2. It has many details need, but I developing it with idea in mind, that one person will be able to setup entire production line, or build completely autonomous base with self defense & etc. I'm trying to make it detailed, without making it annoying. Basically, as long as you built everything in appropriate manner, it will work as intended without need for attention. And of course if your base will be attacked, there will be need for attention :)

Now add to this mod a 1000 player server without rules (I will host it), yep - without rules at all (if you don't like somebody, you just can hunt them down and take your revenge). Even though Tiy likes to tease me, that every character will need one TFLOP for processing, I have faith in our coders, that they will make Starbound very stable.

Supreme Suprise likes this.
  3. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

Usualy this sort of stuff ends in quite cheap look with no sense,the stuff in "Magic n stuff n stuff" makes no sense,i take that some people are not for complex and well done systems,but at least dont make from this World of warcraft,yes,let the modder have the magic,runes and sort of,but let him make how true magic has to be,how true wizard would really do potions,runes and magic,not just it flies from here to there from nowhere with nothing without nothing just like that with drinking 10000000000000000x potions and still getting mana without even burping,thats what quite pisses me off at games,it does not make complete sense,it just feels extremely cheap "Poof,yeee i did the spell,done" I mean,dont take it offensive,i just like when something looks good,and well made,not just casual gamish,it wont fit game like this...

4. You see, Magic, Runes & Spells I will implement here is different from standard stuff as WoW, LoL & etc. Heave ever you heard about such things as Worlds Collide or Worlds Fusion? There are some games that implemented that element as is, like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

It means in my mod will be possible to fuse high-tech stuff with magical enhancements & vice verse. Because eventually magic is very advanced technology developed in different technology branch which utilizes biological capabilities of the spellcaster her/himself by consuming hidden energy reserves in spellcaster's body, instead of using tools and equipment.

And you should not worry about mana potions & stuff, since it will work similar as medical stuff, it will work like you can't consume too much painkillers, since it will kill you, same way will work potions, you can't drink too much of them, since it also will kill you. For a purpose of hardcore gameplay I won't limit consumption of painkillers or potions. Basically if you will take too much potions or painkillers in very short amount of time, every next consumption of painkiller or potion will have lesser positive effect and has greater chance that will result in player's death.

5. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

I approve of the construction/space things. Especially the base building, actually.

But please, no magic. It felt weird to me in terraria and that was fantasy. This is scifi. So please, no psionic/magical nonsense. Nanobot magicks or something of the kind is fine with me, though.

6. Sorry, but it's up to me to decide what will be there and what not. Magic/Runes/Spells will be modded in, since I'm fan of science fiction & fantasy fusion. Nobody will force you to play, if you don't want. But my 24/7 planned server will be probably only one server that will be capable to support ~1000 players and won't have any rules at all. If you don't like magic, then don't use it, use guns, missiles & etc.

7. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, alright. I thought you wanted this on vanilla. Go ahead, then.

8. Modding has no limits :D
    [​IMG]

SmoothGuy, SLOW_oranges and Kawa like this.
  9. Modding has no limits :D
    [​IMG]

10. At some stage (when I will create more ship parts to play with) I will try to make ship modular, which will allow player to create very own spaceship.

But otherwise for now, I have plans to create ships in such manner:

Frigate - has 1 deck. A little bit extended version of default ship.
    Destroyer - has 2 decks.
    Cruiser - has 3 decks. Human ship that currently displayed on the picture.
    Battlecruiser - has 4 decks. Minimal amount of decks interconnected in to large ones.
    Battleship - has 5 decks. Average amount of decks interconnected in to large ones.
    Dreadnought - has 6 decks. Considerable amount of decks interconnected in to large ones.
    Supercarrier - has 7 decks. Serious amount of decks interconnected in to large ones.

Current point is to give player a mobile base, because with amount of production buildings which will be available my mod is immense, including multi stage production systems. In addition, after spaceship battles will be implemented, you will need these ships to fight other players or even to perform orbital bombardments on to enemy bases.

11. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a very ambitious project. I initially came here to see if you were doing more ships but if you want help contributing, id be happy to do Cruiser variations of each ship. Hell, if you can do a Human ship of each type of ship i can translate it over to the other ships. Not promising anything but i'm interested at the moment and i have some spare time. Let me know.

12. Currently I'm thinking how to break down ship on parts, to make it completely customizable by player. I have some ideas:
    Basically, ship will consist from two main parts: Exterior - is what we see and Interior - is what hidden behind placed "space" blocks. Making exterior compatible is simple. Making interior compatible is hard as hell, since it has too complex images. In addition I have to solve problem how to make interior in such way, that it will allow to place background blocks over it.

Exteriors parts will have "collision" set to "solid" - it will allow them to turn in to real hull exterior.

13. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you set the borders of the ship using blocks that can be broken, but only blocks in certain places, then you can allow players to expand their ship using their own blocks. They can place their own back wall and borders at will.

14. tragicsz

tragicsz Industrial Terraformer

Oh wow, the game has only been out for 4 days and mods like this are already coming out.

I will be following this, great work so far!

15. n0Trace

n0Trace Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to be the guy who says it, but i guess i'm gonna have to.

would you mind giving a download link for that ship you made, it's just the aesthetic i want for my character.

16. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

just writing something so i get a notification when its updated... great idea and looking forward to it :)

need someone to test stuff btw?

17. Hendaron

Hendaron Aquatic Astronaut

Looking forward to see this mod become reality :D Just a question, are you going to implement armor that is a little more... bulky? something along the lines of Space Marine Power armour?

18. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

HOLY CRAP.

19. Mudcrab

Mudcrab Void-Bound Voyager

When it's will be released?

20. n0Trace

n0Trace Void-Bound Voyager

let me save the mod dev a bit of trouble and say "soon"

Hendaron likes this.