1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Big chest (64 slots)

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by Trifase, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Trifase

Trifase Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if there are bigger chest but i think 16 slots are not enough.

So there you go, a chest with 64 slots, craftable in the crafting table with 2 iron bars and 6 wooden planks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as usual, there is a new object in assets/objects/generic/chestclassicmod, a new recipe in assets/recipes/starter/crafting table and the entry in player.config

Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/qx2kbrw7y1lmc6r/chest64.zip

Attached Files:

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's bigger on the inside.

3. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you very much for this.

4. wingedwolf123

wingedwolf123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

lol damn you beat me to posting this type of mod ..good work looks good

5. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like big chests.

6. Macbuk

Macbuk Aquatic Astronaut

And I cannot lie.

Edaniel, Lynx88 and DarkerCloud like this.
  7. Lunacent

Lunacent Space Spelunker

This mod is my dream come true......except the chest disappears from your ship if you go into multiplayer at all. It's still gone even if you go back to single player, with all your stuff that was in it gone too.

8. Trifase

Being a new item, the server you go should have it installed to work

9. Edetchi

Edetchi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The issue you're experiencing is common, if not expected, with all most mods and can be sort of fixed by installing the mod on the server as well. I say 'sort of' because it's not going to bring your already lost chests or their contents back, but it will prevent it from happening again.

10. Lunacent

Lunacent Space Spelunker

How do you install a mod to a server?

11. Edetchi

Edetchi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't actually know, though I know it's possible as my brother runs our family's server and has been running a mod pack I've been piecing together on it. We encountered some early issues where you couldn't use mod recipes that required the furnace until he said he had "installed the mod on the server". If I had to take a guess, if you're launching the server from the Starbound Launcher it should pull it's data/resources/whatever from your assets folder and you should be fine with the "mods folder+bootstrap" edit method. If you're running a stand alone server(I am also unsure how this is done, I just know it's possible because it's what my brother is doing) you might have to put the mod files in the assets folder instead of the simpler "mods folder + bootstrap edit" method(explained here in case you didn't already know: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-proper-way-to-install-mods.41929/ )

I'll get in touch with him and see if I can explain it to you in a reasonable manner.

Lunacent likes this.
  12. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Space Hobo

Any way you could also release a big locker from the laboratory lockers? I like the way lockers can be stacked on top of one another. I'm sure I could mess with the files and make yours into a locker for myself but I'm sure other people would like to check it out as well, seeing as you already have experience with creating the big chest, I thought it'd be easy for you to create a big locker too :)

13. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

Can you make them shipping containers instead? That would be really cool, especially for my storage planet (waiting for the character crashing update).

14. Destructor

Destructor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Simple, effective, and to the point. It does what it does and it does it well. And for us packrats, extremely useful. Nicely done!

Truthowl likes this.
  15. Squeegy

Squeegy Starship Captain

I think this is in the wrong subforum.

16. Trifase

Yeah, but i can't move it.

I'm working on this: [​IMG]

17. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

18. mannesan

mannesan Space Hobo

This chest mod gives an error about the player.config file and wont even start the game.
    I have tryed installing it both manually and using different modloaders, but the results are the same.
    Maybe needs an update, or a recheck for the v. Indignant Koala? :)

19. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Moved this to the correct subforum.