1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Instrument Table (Craftable Instruments)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Lachee, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Hello Starbound community,

This mod adds a table called the Instrument Table, which allows you to craft all in game instrument, with appropriate costs in materials. It does have all instruments in game as recipes now.

If you have custom instruments you would like to add to this mod, simply add "instrumenttable" to the filter for the recipe of that instrument and post it below so other know :D

To craft the Instrument table you will need some Iron Scraps. You get Iron Scraps by smelting 1 iron bar in a stone furnace (1:1 ratio)

Anyways, fun parts time! The screen shots!, well only one atm (UPDATED):
    [​IMG]

Very Important: The Folder Format Has Changed, Please Read The Following Carefully!

1. Search your entire Starbound/assets folder for folders called "LacheeMod", then delete them.
    2. If you have it, delete the file : Starbound\assets\interface\windowconfig\instrumenttable.config
    3. Follow the "New Installation Of This Mod" part.

1. Download the file from my MediaFire here: (http://www.mediafire.com/download/8cgjibd68qbs4b8/Starbound+Instrument+Table+v4.zip)
    2. Unzip the directory "asset" inside the downloaded file into "steam/steamapps/common/starbound" and click yes to merge! (don't worry will not override anything, unless you are updating this mod....)
    3. Start using this mod :D No player.config editing required any more

Thank you for reading, give me your advice and thoughts, I do need some help balancing the recipes, and enjoy :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    yk999, okok111 and Lunacent like this.
  2. Julienx54

Julienx54 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doesn't work for me:(. I have a infinite loading screen after chucklefish intro.

3. Mysteriez

Mysteriez Void-Bound Voyager

You should add that if you use StarboundModLoader, you can directly paste it into "mods".

4. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Could you add more recipes please, like, for every type of guitar, keytar and bass guitars?

5. iMissingno

iMissingno Intergalactic Tourist

Doesn't work at all Ive tried every method I could think of. I got the stimpack mod to work but not this one.

6. Seroko

Seroko Aquatic Astronaut

Doesn't work!
    Where am I supposed to craft the table? Can't find it T_T

7. Maroku

Maroku Intergalactic Tourist

8. Sammykill

Sammykill Space Hobo

This file is giving me an infinite loading screen :(
    EDIT: That was not actually the problem, my mistake. This file should work, I was doing something else and that's what cause the loading screen. :)

9. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

You know that what the guy replied is off topic right?

10. Iku

Iku Title Not Found

What was the problem btw, I seem to be having a similar problem after attempting to edit one of the files.

11. Lachee

Okay sorry every one for the long delay, timezone diff and what-nots. The crash, I don't understand, so with the next version I am changing the directory formatting, so its all in one folder, I am currently working on more recipies, and to make the table, you simply craft it in the work tabel (if you do not see it, make sure you add the lines to your player.config)

This is so you don't cheat :D

12. Lachee

~ New Update ~
    - v2 -
    Change Log:
    New Folder Formatting (Sorting)
    Added image for the table UI

Added All Instruments

Read Original Post for installation instructions

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  13. Lachee

For those who are having issues, please run a starbound server and post back the error it reads, but before you do, make sure it is written correctly in player.config, here is a example on what it should be like

Code:
     "defaultBlueprints" : {
        "tier1" : [     
        { "item" : "instrumenttable" },
         { "item" : "electricbass" },
         { "item" : "femmicrophone" },
         { "item" : "flute" },
         { "item" : "harmonica" },
         { "item" : "harp" },
         { "item" : "koto" },
         { "item" : "leadguitar" },
         { "item" : "microphone" },
         { "item" : "musicbox" },
         { "item" : "nylonguitar" },
         { "item" : "oboe" },
         { "item" : "ocarina" },
         { "item" : "overdriveguitar" },
         { "item" : "piano" },
         { "item" : "reedorgan" },
         { "item" : "rockorgan" },
         { "item" : "saxophone" },
         { "item" : "steeldrum" },
         { "item" : "trumpet" },
         { "item" : "violin" },
         { "item" : "accordion" },
         { "item" : "acousticguitar" },
         { "item" : "banjo" },
         { "item" : "bassguitar" },
         { "item" : "bones" },
         { "item" : "clarinet" },
         { "item" : "drumkit" },
         { "item" : "dulcimer" },     
    ect...

14. Lodus

Lodus Void-Bound Voyager

Do you think its possible to make this but with all the vanity hats / clothes?

15. Blaze (RaptorRed)

Blaze (RaptorRed) Big Damn Hero

Are you sure that is indented correctly? because on the player.config it isn't.

16. ZekeDelsken

ZekeDelsken Orbital Explorer

If you could get the mod to update the config by itself, thatd be nice. I did it, and only got an infinite load screen. Im using a mod manager to download mods, but yours isnt working. Made me sad. ;(

17. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

LacheeMod\recipes\Instruments\accordion.recipe:

{
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "darkwoodmaterial", "count" : 10 },
    { "item" : "plantfibre", "count" : 3 }
    { "item" : "bonematerial", "count" : 2 }
    ],
    "output" : {
    "item" : "accordion",
    "count" : 1
    },
    "groups" : [ "instrumenttable", "all", "tools" ]
    }

Add a comma after 3 } like that:

{ "item" : "plantfibre", "count" : 3 },

Then try again, see if you get an infinite loading screen. I don't know if this will fix your problem.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  18. Furinex

Furinex Phantasmal Quasar

Ive installed plenty of other mods, but this one will just not work. Ive reinstalled starbound and just added this mod, and i STILL cannot craft the Instrument Table. I cant find it anywhere. Its not in my crafting menu, the crafting table, or the anvil. Where is it?! I placed all the info in the player.config file as needed.

19. Lachee

Yea, I noticed that after I uploaded it *facepalm* its is fixed in the next version.

The next version will only require one line in the player.config, unless I decide to edit core files, which I do not whant to do.

Thats a good idea acctually, once I get my Starbound updated I shall start creating that table ^_^

Thats very peculiar... You should be able to craft the table in the work bench, at the very bottom.... would you mind posting a copy of your player.config in a spoiler tag? Please note I also havn't updated this mod yet to the new version of starbound.

Okay everyone, I plan to update the mod to the latest version but I am having some difficulties with my internet being overpriced, so I will not be updating starbound within the next day or two, maybe in a week max, so I cannot test on the latest version, however it should still work... hopefully....

Its really annoying that it doesn't work because it works perfectly on my computer and after a quick player.config fix and that accordion issue, it works perfectly too on my mates computer, Im really sorry :\

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  20. Omosh

Omosh Space Hobo

Working just fine for me. Thank you Lachee.