1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED v1|Tiered Beds Enchancement|The better the bed, the more you heal!

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by Iamgoofball, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Iamgoofball

Iamgoofball Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiered Beds Enhancement
    This mod makes it so that the better beds heal you more then the wooden bed does.

Because using all your durasteel on a Durasteel Bed just to have it not heal anymore then a wooden bed is sad, this mod makes it so that the better bed you have, the faster your health heals while sleeping!
    Q: How do I install it?
    Download the .zip file, and extract it to steamapps/common/starbound/assets. Make sure to back up your assets folder before hand if you need to remove the mod!
    Q: Does this mod work with my existing characters?
    Yep! You do not need to start a new character to enjoy the benefits of this mod.
    Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/jdcoggmurvcdaa6/tieredbeds.zip

Please leave feedback and suggestions below. Thanks, and sleep well!

2. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

I think this is a great thought!

But what about tents, and thats stuff? Haybale's and so on? :)

But thats a like from me :)
    Keep going! ^^

3. coldReactive

coldReactive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you have it working all the way up to impervium beds?

4. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

This is a very important question here. It is bad game design to make more expensive beds return more health: Your choice of bed should be an artistic one.

Best idea: beds restore health very very quickly while fully-fed + being fully-fed restores health slowly over time.

5. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

I went over the files real fast, and yes the Impervium bed is registered in here aswell :)

6. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

Question, does the { "kind" : "Health", "amount" : 0.06 } mean it gives more than the wooden bed?
    And since i dont see the wooden one in here, is that just 0.05? or even less?

7. Iamgoofball

Iamgoofball Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To answer the questions about the haybales and stuff, those were not touched, as 1. I can't find the files for all the bedtypes, and 2. they are random find items and giving buffs to them would make you a bit more reliant on RNG.

To answer the statement about the artisic choice and stuff, I decided to do this after the 50th time I've sat there for 10 minutes waiting to be healed back to full HP cause I didn't want to lose any more pixels, and the time I wasted some of my really good metals on building an awesome bed to be distraught that it doesn't heal you any more then a wooden bed you slapped together on the spot. Also I saw a suggestions thread suggesting the change. I mean, why have 10 tiers of beds all requiring hard to find and expensive materials if they don't give you anything more then a wooden bed does?

To answer the kind health thing, that is what that does. The wooden bed is worse then the iron bed. It has 0.02.

I'll look into the food thing, that might be hardcoded though.

8. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

If its hardcoded, would it be possible with a IF statement? There should be some sort of return value on food, so something like
    If (foodlevel == 100%) {
    heal (bedlevel)
    } else {
    heal 0.02
    }

This is not proper coding, but i think you get the general idea? :)