1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed client connect failed error connecting

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dannofdawn222, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannofdawn222

dannofdawn222 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm trying to play with my friend, but he can't connect to anything. My copy so far works perfectly, no freeze in the chuckle fish logo, no server crashing, no crashes so far. But his has the exact opposite. Can't even join his own server, with the error " client connect failed error connecting to "IP".

skannerz22 likes this.
  2. dannofdawn222

dannofdawn222 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. thepuppetjak

thepuppetjak Tentacle Wrangler

I'm having the same issue. I first connected to my server with my publc IP, it worked fine but when I disconnected and reconnected I had the "Client connect failed" error message. Which wasn't really a problem because my friend could connect using my public IP so I just used my local IP; But now using both the local and public IP I get the "Client connect failed" error.
    Any fixes for this would be hugely appreciated, thank you.

4. MyThatguy

MyThatguy Space Hobo

I received this error when making my server, It will always appear like that even if you type something random like "APLLES" which it would return "Client connect failed! Error connecting to 'APLLES' port '21025'".
    Basically what i think in your case of fixing is making sure you have the right ip in (for example an ip with 192.168.1.5 wouldn't work because its a "lan ip") and you also have to port forward or it will give the same error when connecting to that server.
    I'm not so sure though, my biggest guess's are either you used a LAN ip or you didn't port forward. It would be helpful if you told how you set up the server and if the ip you used is alike to the one on you get on WhatismyipDOTcom

5. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  6. blackoso

blackoso Space Spelunker

Server is launch in my house on : I5 3.3 GHZ 2500k , 10 go ram DDR3 1600 mhz , gtx 660. I have change the port to 25565 in config files.In local no probleme yesterday I was connected easy but today to school I can't, all the time the same error (on asus ROG G53 ) : Client connect failed! Error connecting to "IP" port 25565 .I see on team viewer the server say :

Info: reaping client <12> connection
    warn: I/O error in netsocket write loop or device closed: networkException: tcp send error: 10038
    006D7894 <E:/steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/starIODevice.hpp:9>
    00442E41 <E:/steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/starNetSocket.cpp:282>
    00443F00 <E:/steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/gameStarNetSocket.cpp:227>
    0083A867 <E:/steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:68>

751D336A
    77739F72
    77739F45

But the real probleme is I can't but my friend In the same network to school can connect without probleme......

skannerz22 likes this.
  7. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

the game is broken

8. Annonymous

Annonymous Space Hobo

It doesn't have to do anything with router or firewall.the problem is that the game just got updated and you have to install the new update if you want to play on other servers.the new update is called irritated koala.respond if this worked for you

9. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

WHAT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T SEE IT cake is a lie

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Calm down. People are trying to help you here. If you continue to be rude, I'm going to have to issue an official warning.

11. Bunnycorn

Bunnycorn Space Hobo

I can understand his frustration. I've tried forwarding ports and everything, and it seems like it's clientside, I can't connect to any server, not even my own.

skannerz22 likes this.
  12. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

stop bullying me and threatening me

why can't you be accepting of other peoples personalities

does it make you feel tough?

i am asking for help and here you are trying to make fear tactics at me

i already done what they said about the server command prompt thing but it doesn't do anything

WHAT EVER IT IS THIS SERVER WORKED http://starbound.serverlister.com/s...809667160c3d8ec/brothers-of-the-block-offical

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'm not trying to bully you. Other users felt you were being rude to them, a couple of whom issued reports. I was bringing the fact that you're coming off as aggressive to your attention, and informing you that such behavior cannot continue. If I was going to bully users because I can't accept their personalities, or because I wanted to make myself feel tough, I'd be kicked out the staff for abusing my responsibilities.

14. Mackenzi Winters

Mackenzi Winters Space Hobo

I Have a friend trying to connect to my own server and the same errors occur! I Know it can't be on my side since I've had all my other friends be able to connect just fine..! ^-^; I hope someone could help me with that! I'm really not sure how to get that issue fixed.

15. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

i don't care what their paranoid delusions are

i did nothing to them and people are constantly abusing me for my personality when they are the ones with the problem of low intelligence/lack of understanding and low tolerance and not accepting

you didn't see me saying "hey fuck you cunt" i didn't do anything like that to anyone

16. Annonymous

Annonymous Space Hobo

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  17. fishfish0407

fishfish0407 Void-Bound Voyager

purchased 6 copies from steam and hosting a server with 6 of my friends playing on it. 2 of them got the same error

here is my workaround solutions:

1. edit the server config try not to use port 21025.
    or
    2. use the private copy. purchased the game on steam and play the private copy can fix this shit. WTF

18. MrLegendardisch

MrLegendardisch Void-Bound Voyager

i think this problem is client sided and is activated when loading the game, i have 50 % chance to be able to join server, and 50 % that i cant join anything, i hope the devs will prioritize this bug.

19. dblrb

dblrb Intergalactic Tourist

I had this issue and restarted to find the game just needed an update.

20. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

well people, i can't host a server to play with my buddy, it gives me the same message and i really appreciate if someone helps. Ps: i don't have a router, my internet is direct cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.