1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved by userfix] Bug : not starting at all

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoBlackThunder, Dec 4, 2013.

1. NoBlackThunder

NoBlackThunder Big Damn Hero

Hey .. well i get i guess worst bug of all. my game is not even starting .. no error no window nothing shows upp .thats the same for the launcher and the game it self ... server works quite well.

My system specs are: windows 8.1
    Geforce Titan
    Core i7
    16 gb ram

visual studio with c++ and c framework is all installed .. directx is also updated .. but nothing happens .. i guess this is one of the hard bugs to fix for bartwe =/

2. SkepticalMystic

SkepticalMystic Orbital Explorer

Having the same problem in Linux. Won't start with the executable or from Steam. Just no response at all.
    Arch Linux 3.12.0
    Nvidea GTX 570
    I deleted all local data and reinstalled, still having the same problem. Getting ready to leave for work. I'll just assume it'll be working by the time I get home. If not, I'll dig deeper and see if I can help debug what's happening.

3. SkepticalMystic

SkepticalMystic Orbital Explorer

Actually, was able to resolve my issue by installing libpng12. I had libpng installed, but needed 1.2. For Arch Linux it was a simple pacman -S libpng12. Hope that helps someone else!

4. Murlakatam

Murlakatam Space Hobo

libsdl1.2 was missing for me (Ubuntu 13.10 x64).
    Fix:
    sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian

5. Malokran

Malokran Void-Bound Voyager

Same bug here

Win 7 x64
    AMD Phenom II x4 965BE
    Radeon HD7870
    4gb RAM

6. Yocjo

Yocjo Master Chief

Yup, same bug here (Win 7 x64)

7. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Same bug only get launch screen, launch starbound makes the same launch window and only option is server and get's stuck at innerloop.millis:354. I have windows vista.

8. NoBlackThunder

i dont get the launcher or anny game window up .. i feel there is some framework missing .. since 2 difrents exe refuse to launch at all .. waiting for devs.. tho i can run it on my laptob :/

9. Kalaidos

Kalaidos Void-Bound Voyager

Be sure to check whether your antivirus program does mention something about a virus alert when you try to start Starbound.
    Mine did suspect a virus in one of the launcher dlls (Qt5WebKit.dll). After setting an exception for this file in my antivirus software, Starbound launched just fine, whereas before nothing propted.

Hope, this may help a few of you guys!

10. NiebieskiMak

NiebieskiMak Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same situation. Well steam icon turns green then goes blue. Nothing. Win 7 64. Turning off overlay or setting exes as admin do not work.

11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Issue is gone, am now able to play about 20 minutes before shut down. Going to wait till stage 2 of beta my pc is crap tier lol.

12. NoBlackThunder

did a update already released?

13. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I got nothing as well, no launcher or anything, here's my specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
    6GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

14. NoBlackThunder

still the same even after todays update

15. Vergial

Vergial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm new to Linux here, can you explain HOW that fix works, or what to do? Or what that IS? :rofl: I'm literally lost

EDIT: Ohp, nevermind. Figured it out. Terminal n' all.

I'm learning things.

16. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I have a friend with this same problem on Windows 7 with an AMD HD7470m. Both the launcher and the game executables refuse to run with no errors. Disabling antivirus and all the usual workarounds (running as admin, verifying files, running DirectX installer manually) did not help.

NoBlackThunder likes this.
  17. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Apologies for double posting but I want to make sure everyone who's watching the thread gets a notification.

After some googling, my friend was able to fix the game and can now play! A possible solution for Windows users with this problem:
    Copy Starbound\win32\libeay32.dll to Starbound\win32\launcher\

18. NoBlackThunder

well you are right that fixt it
    looks like IIS 7 is messing with starbound..

well issue resolved !

Resolution. Copy libey32 and sslibey32 dll from w32 to the launcher folder .. this way they will get found by the game and it will start. looks like the way those 2 files are found by is wrong since he was looking for them in my IIS 7.5 express isntalation folder .. the way i now that is becouse after i copyed the first file i was getting errors taht the sslibey32.dll was not found in my IIS instalation folder ...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013