1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Client-Server Connection is no longer valid

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Javalin, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Javalin

Javalin Space Hobo

Ever since I started trying to get a server started I have been getting the message "Client-server connection is no longer valid" when I try to select one of my single player characters.
    Has anyone else been getting this problem?

AsgerRud likes this.
  2. bodmon

bodmon Space Hobo

Yes I'm trying to join multiple servers and get kicked with that message BIG FAIL!

3. Pikminpicker

Pikminpicker Void-Bound Voyager

I've been trying to play single player and the same has been happening to me. I get to see the hud and everything, but then it cuts off.

4. Vince Noir

Vince Noir Intergalactic Tourist

Got a friend who gets this error intermittently when playing on my server. Would be great if anyone out there has overcome it and could share.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  5. Mechrior

Mechrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am now getting this message too! WTH?!

...:::EDIT 1:::...
    I have now loaded my home server and can connect to that fine with any character but no character can play single player at all and even creating a new character does not work it automatically receives the same error message.
    ...:::END OF LINE:::...

6. yopdoggy

yopdoggy Space Hobo

Had a server running for a while. One friend was able to connect. The other was getting this error. I have my router on full on DMZ mode. Still nothing.

Edit: After watching the command prompt when the person tries to connect an error pops up. "Warn: I/0 error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error: 10038"

Posting the full command prompt when he tries to connect.
    "
    Info: Client <1> connected
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections.one millis: 779
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections millis: 780
    Info: Client <1> disconnected
    Info: Reaping client <1> connection
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::run.innerloop millis: 963
    Info: Shutting down world alpha:-46337396:85427840:-1885319:7:6
    Info: Sending Handshake Challenge
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnection.handshake millis: 174
    Info: Loading ship world received from client <1>
    Warn: Object boosterflame does not have a price set
    Warn: Object smallboosterflame does not have a price set
    Warn: Object teleporter does not have a price set
    Warn: Object floranshiplocker does not have a price set
    Warn: Object apexcaptainschair does not have a price set
    Warn: Object apexfuelhatch does not have a category set
    Warn: Object apexfuelhatch does not have a price set
    Info: Loading world db for world alpha:-46337396:85427840:-1885319:7:6
    Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp
    send error: 10054
    006D7894 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9
    )
    00442E41 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarNetSocket.cpp:
    282)
    00443F00 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarNetSocket.cpp:
    227)
    0083A867 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows
    .cpp:68)
    75E0336A
    771A9F72
    771A9F45

Warn: Object flowerblue does not have a price set
    Warn: Object flowerred does not have a price set
    Warn: Object floweryellow does not have a price set
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::createWorld millis: 174
    Info: Client <1> connected
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections.one millis: 1252
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections millis: 1252
    Info: Client <1> disconnected
    Info: Reaping client <1> connection
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::run.innerloop millis: 1448
    Info: Shutting down world alpha:-46337396:85427840:-1885319:7:6
    "

medhathobo and wolfgirl1842 like this.
  7. Sentima

Sentima Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, the same thing. The only way for me to launch game now is starting server and going to localhost multiplayer

8. smoke258

smoke258 Space Hobo

This happened to me on singleplayer when I changed the password in default_configuration.config to connect to a server. Once I changed it back to blank ("") I was able to play single player again.

MushroomOfTruth likes this.
  9. r3df0x

r3df0x Orbital Explorer

I'm actually able to reproduce this fairly consistently using the method below:

1) Host server on own computer.
    2) Start Hamachi.
    3) Connect to server on own computer, using own LAN IP address (I assume my computer just reroutes to localhost instead of going through the LAN)
    4) A remote friend connects to my Hamachi IP address
    5) A local friend connects to me via LAN, using my LAN IP address.

Result:
    The friend on my LAN connection continues to get "Client-server connection is no longer valid" and is booted from the server.
    However, when he also connects via the Hamachi IP address, he's never kicked.

I don't think this offers too much insight, but being able to reproduce the bug will hopefully lead to being able to debug it.

10. MushroomOfTruth

MushroomOfTruth Yeah, You!

Thanks man, this fixed it for me too!

11. Ikryn

Ikryn Poptop Tamer

Same thing for me

12. bodmon

bodmon Space Hobo

13. kingcobra0128

kingcobra0128 Space Hobo

YEah I am glad it works for you in single player but it is not fixed for people running servers. Basically as soon as you log in now it disconnects you saying reaping client connection was there an update and if so did this cause the server not to recognize the clients new version number. I would like to see the version numbers listed on both the server and the client side.

14. bazzysh

bazzysh Big Damn Hero

Me and my buddy wanted to play this together really badly, and no mater what we try to do we can't seem to get past this problem..
    Desperatly hoping that someone finds a fix for this

15. douglastkd7

douglastkd7 Space Hobo

[2] Help me!

16. EricTheRoo

EricTheRoo Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having similar issues. I just bought the game and I can't even run the Single Player, or the server, or -anything-. It's a bit ridiculous...

Could you please elaborate on how did you get at least the Single Player to work? The only two spots where there's ''password'' in the default_configuration.config file do already have blanks in them in my folder.

I'm hoping for a fast fix or solution.

17. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

im getting the same issue with multiplayer just takes 10-15 min every time for the kick to happen

update: my error changed slightly still dose the same thing tho

Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error: 10053
    006D7A14 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9)
    00437141 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarNetSocket.cpp:282)
    00438200 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarNetSocket.cpp:227)
    0083A9EC (C:/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:68)
    757333AA
    77A59EF2
    77A59EC5

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  18. khoval

khoval Space Hobo

I get this issue when trying to connect to my roommate's server over LAN. I can play single player just fine, but I can't connect to his server. On his end he says his server sees my computer and then sees me immediately disconnect. I get this same error when trying to connect to world servers as well which makes me think this error likely has something to do with port forwarding or firewalls. Anyone else able to look into or confirm this?

19. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

im fairly sure its something in there networking with the servers something in the code as it seems to happen at random times
    some people its instant some its 10-15 for some it happens in single player some in multiplayer im still trying things to see if i can get it working if i find any thing ill post it here unless they end up patching it

20. EricTheRoo

EricTheRoo Void-Bound Voyager

I think I've found a rather silly solution. It seems both the server and single player fail to load cause the game isn't able to generate a universe. I fixed my issue by removing everything from my Universe and Player folders and just starting the game again. I guess now it doesn't matter if you delete those since the previous characters are no longer working with the new patch and we're all forced to start clean anyway.
    Hope it works for you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.