1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelrau

Joelrau Void-Bound Voyager

Stuck at Starting screen :c it laughs at me and stops working / crashes

2. Tarikanen

Tarikanen Aquatic Astronaut

did you even read all of it? they said that you just have to wait loading screen out. DONT TOUCH ANYTHING and it will start after a while.

3. loleq80

loleq80 Space Spelunker

@UP it works just for ppl with OS younger that xp. On XPSP3 32 bit You'll have to wait for some king of fix. Because the thing that loads after chucklefish logo crashes the game on our OS

pplz plz. its not the topic for crash reports. ou post here if You're having problems ith that workaround. There are separate topic for chrashes and bugs.

4. Tarikanen

Tarikanen Aquatic Astronaut

just click ''start starbound'' and then leave your pc for 20 minutes because if you touch anything, it crashes.

5. TheFlyingJetpack

TheFlyingJetpack Void-Bound Voyager

Game hanging on logo screen solotion!!!
    well that works for me, but I still want to share, maybe it will help some of you:
    1. start the launcher
    2. click on the "launch starbound
    3. The important part, as soon as you clicked it, go to any kind of folder that will cover the screen, but not full screen, like internet browser or a folder.
    4. do not click the starbound on the bottom untill you hear the song on the main start.
    4.5* if you hear nothing for two mins, then click starbound, if it crashed like normal, go back to stage 2.
    That's mostly it, it works for me 50% of the times I try to enter the game.
    The idea is to not interact or look at starbound as he starts
    I had expirianced that kind of things from old games and also on an old beta of minecraft, I learned the trick by leaving the game on while I went to check my email.

EDIT: I suggest you guys to turn off the steam community in game option, click properties on the game on steam and then go to "general" slab, you should see it there, uncheck the box and it should work better.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. loleq80

loleq80 Space Spelunker

@UP what kind of OS do you have ? can You give some more details to know if all of us can try it or just win7/8 users.

7. gaad

gaad Space Hobo

Yes, I've got the exact same problem and I'm running on a MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 so it might well be a problem with OSX 10.7.5 and below.

8. Xenoseraphim

Xenoseraphim Space Hobo

My game was running ok for a little bit but I decided to teleport back up to my ship. Now every time I try to leave my ship, it crashes with no error message. When i restart the game it puts me on the ship and when i click the teleporter it crashes the game.

9. 19jado2001

19jado2001 Void-Bound Voyager

Yah it takes a while wish you luck fixxing it

10. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Master Chief

Did you try to create a new character ? Maybe your saved file is corrupted, leading to crash when you try to teleport to the planet.

11. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

12. James O'Dwyer

James O'Dwyer Void-Bound Voyager

I had the stuck with a laughing fish issue as well. Waiting didn't work, but I did find a workaround.

This may not work for everyone, but how I resolved the 'stuck at chucklefish' issue was by restarting Steam and setting my Friend's list to offline before loading the launcher. (i'd noticed the launcher seemed to freeze every time I got a friend's message)
    For some reason, I had no issue launching the game after that.

Perhaps the messages from friends in the Steam Overlay was affecting something? I know other folks have suggested a connection between the Steam overlay and the 'stuck at loading screen' issue. Either way, it's worth a shot, and if someone else benefits from how I got past the loading screen, then it's been worth the effort writing this.

The game itself is awesome. I love the little comments the character gives when you use the inspect function on things. It's the little details like that which really give this game a character all of its own.

13. Lagg

Lagg Space Hobo

Unable to start at all. Instantly crashes!q

Sad panda.

Shippo likes this.
  14. thedemonkid95

thedemonkid95 Lucky Number 13

tried this sadly no help i really want to play this game now if you can think of anything else its worth a shot ive tired everything

15. Moopymcmoopinson

Moopymcmoopinson Aquatic Astronaut

I Haz the same problem ;c

Shippo likes this.
  16. Liraxus

Liraxus Void-Bound Voyager

Will that multicore optimization work on an AMD radeon card?

17. Corey Shannon

Corey Shannon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Catalyst control center does not have a similar option. If you have a multiGPU AMD card you can set it to use one GPU or both but that setting is only for that type of card.

18. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Anybody know of a way around the crash that happens when you fire a Hunting Bow?

19. thedemonkid95

thedemonkid95 Lucky Number 13

anyone know how to get around the crash at the logo need help getting a bit annoyed at the laugh would love a reply as soon as possible

20. LoSt Banshees

LoSt Banshees Tentacle Wrangler

Game hanging on logo screen
    We're working on this, but some players are finding that if they just wait it out, they are able eventually to pass the loading screen and get into the game. Try it out![/quote]

Most of the time when I launch and it does nothing i have to End the program just to get out of it, and one last thing. Lots of times I have to restart my computer to try it again because it just says its already running.

I'm hoping that this helped u in anyway but please try to fix it soon. :(

thedemonkid95 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.