1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Adjust Fall Damage (Perturbed Koala)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Bottle Opener, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Bottle Opener

Bottle Opener Subatomic Cosmonaut

These instructions will demonstrate how to modify Starbound's configuration files in order to change the amount of damage taken when falling from different heights. It is possible to entirely negate Damage loss; as well as to increase the amount of Damage lost as well.

These instructions are valid thus far for the Perturbed Koala Build. All that is required is a text editor, and a working knowledge of where the Starbound files are located on your machine.

1. Navigate to the Starbound\assets directory
    2. Locate the file named: player.config
    3. Make a copy or backup of the file so it can be restored to its original state (such as making a copy named player.config.original)
    4. Open player.config with a text editor
    5. Find the following line : "fallDamageFactor" : 1.0,
    6. Change the value as desired. To eliminate Damage loss entirely change the value to 0.0
    7. Save the text file.
    8. Launch Starbound.
    If you are having trouble finding the Starbound files, do the following:

1. Open Steam
    2. Right-click on the Starbound entry in your Library
    3. Select: Properties
    4. Change Tab: Local Files
    5. Select: Browse Local Files
    On windows this method will open up a copy of windows explorer in the appropriate directory.

I've tested this from pretty far up to a hole pretty far down. A few more tests and it will be released.

~ Special Thanks goes to: Alluvian_Est-Endrati - I used his forum template and just modified values.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. HTF

HTF Void-Bound Voyager

This is client side not server side annoyingly. Would be great if there was a way to change it on the server.

3. BobdaBiscuit

BobdaBiscuit Big Damn Hero

Is it allright if I use this on my gravity planet tutorial or do you want me to link them here?

4. Bottle Opener

Bottle Opener Subatomic Cosmonaut

Have at it sir.