Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

This. THIS, is a big problem. Do not include the ost directly with the game, make it a free sepparate download on the game page. PLEASE.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. upsRandomZ

upsRandomZ Poptop Tamer

What great news! And that day is my birthday :)

Rainofskulz likes this.
  3. Kagosby

Kagosby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but will the mod tools be available for the beta? If so, how extensive will it be?

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Yeah, I asked the same thing on like th 4th or5th page with no reply as of yet. I'm worried about this one myself to be honest we'll see how it goes I guess.

I had plans to make the server my friends and I were on public soley for beta, and private after release. Just so we could stress test servers etc more efficiently, that said. I don't want people running around cheating etc, and ruining the fun other players might be trying to have whilst in game to be honest. So if I can't force saves server-side then I won't be hosting a public server.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Dobriyzhyk

Dobriyzhyk Astral Cartographer

We are the champioooons my friends!!!

6. I just created this thread with new info: http://community.playstarbound.com/...if-you-want-to-create-a-server-at-beta.33592/
    I guess that shows us that such things are not yet there, and this stage 1 beta server software will be pretty basic. So for now i just hope they implement a decent system for it when its time, so we have a nice experience without any cheating of "inventory edits", etc...

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. ersickerash

ersickerash Space Spelunker

Greaat!!!! :D:D

8. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Yeah thanks, I just saw and posted to your topic as well. It's to be expected as it is early Beta, let's just hope people are good about being up and up and being legit. As it stands I'll be running my server through Hamachi so I have an artificial way to ban people in the meantime.

Axe Garian and Bacon like this.
  9. Optix

Optix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My burning questions are:

1. Will there be any special features available for guilds/clans?
    2. Any further info on PvP arena worlds?
    3. Easy ways to find friends in a near infinite universe, such as instant warp to their location for X amount of fuel?

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. NoBlackThunder

NoBlackThunder Big Damn Hero

@mollygos can you add on the FAQ some more information about:
    1. When do you plan to release it ( around what time on the 4 Dec) if possible .. if not just add that the time is not yet avalible
    2. on the server part . what ports do we need as standart ports ?
    3. the Expected size ?
    4. Minumum System Requiments ( what software like c++ og minimum linx , os or windows version) if possible .
    5. The ammount of multiplayer player on one server ( the number you now for shure will work fine )
    6. maybe some small documentation on server side ? is there anny admin system and normal user system ( for commands )
    7. some common server commands whe can set ?
    8. is it possible to connect to the server via RCON ??? for custome tools and admin programs we can make?

thanks =)

some of the information would be nice to know before start so that we can prepeare server like me =) ..

PS: if you cant announce anny one of those question i have can you add them annyhow to the and mark them with TBA ( to be announced) ?

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Chibi

Chibi Pangalactic Porcupine

IT'S HAPPENING. YISSSSS.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Jnse

Jnse Void-Bound Voyager

Will we able to sing and play music in the Beta ?

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. WolfMimir

WolfMimir Subatomic Cosmonaut

It feels weird....i don't feel any kind of hype even knowing when it will come out soon.
    Guess the hype i got when you could pre-order the game killed my hype all together. :confused:

14. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

:DD I cannot contain my excitement!

15. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

To put it into perspective, if 6 billion people all played Starbound, and if the amount of land-able planets was actually 12.6, every person would each have to discover ~200,000 different planets to find them all. Now think about how they want 35 times as many planets for release. Then think about how only about a couple thousand people will actually play Starbound.

We're never going to see every planet. Not in this lifetime anyways.

16. petecz

petecz Star Wrangler

R.I.P. my finals.:confused: :giggle:

Osmedirez likes this.
  17. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

best.. christmas gift......EVAH! :megusta::chucklefish:

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Nixeras

Nixeras Subatomic Cosmonaut

We love ya Molly, and all those other Wonderful Chucklefishies too. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to any of you that live in the states, and any that don't for that matter.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. harrygomm

harrygomm Orbital Explorer

EVERYBODY, THE FRIEND SQUAD WILL BE STREAMING THE STARBOUND BETA AT 6pm GMT ON THE 4th OF DECEMBER. COME AND JOIN THE FUN!

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

Molly answered this earlier and said yes but we had to find the instruments:

Jnse and Axe Garian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.