Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragewar

Ragewar Industrial Terraformer

Celebration. :yoda:

2. Dunham18

Dunham18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your listening to songs for celebration?
    I am having a party #StarboundBetaIsAwesome

Ragewar likes this.
  3. Snesy

Snesy Master Chief

Congratulation !

I've a question about roadmap.
    You say, there will be 3 "level" of beta.
    The 4th december, frst level of beta is released. I don't want to play it (it's hard to say that).
    I want to wait till the seconde level with less bugs and more features.

So do you have a roadmap for these levels of beta ? Do you know when these others levels are released ?

4. Sower

Sower Big Damn Hero

You'll get both a Steam key and a link to a DRM free version once one is available (probably during Stage 2 of the beta).

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. wkvs

wkvs Void-Bound Voyager

Yay! I thought about 2-3 weeks, but we must wait only 5 days!
    This days will be soooo long, as slowpoke is slow. But I believe that this game will be awesome! :iswydt:
    :catface: Thank you, Molly, for submitting b-wordbeta info :love:
    And to Tiy and other developers too. You all so great people! :up:

Axe Garian and Miles like this.
  6. Cantiep

Cantiep Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will the contest winner's stuff be in the beta?

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. TharDrain

TharDrain Aquatic Astronaut

BETA! aaaaaaa This is going to be so awesome :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

My single concern is...

What about gamepad support? Is it in?

9. theferdi265

theferdi265 Starship Captain

Linked between worlds, *insert new Zelda reference here*

10. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Remember, each planet is tied to it coordinates (coords for short) aka, a seed, so, if you and me goto the same coords we will end up on the exact same planets, same terrain, same villages, etc, BUT we dont know if the Loot in the chests will have random loot or not. But we know each planet works as a "World" with a "seed" from Minecraft, so if you and me goto the same coords (use the same seed) we will end up on the same planet (save/world), Think of it that way :)

I will ask about how the loot placement works.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome news. Now maybe all the negative people that do nothing but bitching and whining will shut the hell up.
    (inb4 they find something else to bitch about.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it! Sucks I got work next week but I'll make time. Proud of you guys for putting up with all the crap you've had to put up with, and pushing forward anyway like a bunch of badasses.

12. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Molly,

So i know how planets work, there tied to their coordinates (coords for short) and that if 2 players goto the same "coords" they end up on the exact same planet, so, how does Loot work in there? Does each chest spawn with different loot (the loot is also tied to the "coord") or is it always random for each player, so if i find a cool gun, my friend can also get it by going to that same chest, and how "exact" are these planets going to be for each player? The terrain and villages and such will be the same, but is anything not tied to the "coord"? like Loot, Monsters, chest location, random occasions, etc etc

I hope atleast something will always be different from eachother, but eh, if not, thats fine!

Also, for anyone else not understanding all this, think of it this way,

Your Spaceship is Minecrafts Main menu, you can select a planet (World) with a Random, or Selected cord (seed) and goto (load) that planet (save).

Keep up the great work guys!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Axe Garian likes this.
  13. plasma face

plasma face Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well, on the 4th of December I will be working but, lucky for me it will be the 5th when starbound comes out here in Australia.
    oh and I have just brought a new custom computer so I hope that will come soon, that way I won't have to use my shity hp compac.
    I have one question, is there going to be a lobby like in cod 4 and king Arthur's gold?

14. noodlesandrice

noodlesandrice Big Damn Hero

Sorry if this has been asked before (it probably has), but what happens once the number of cords reaches it's max? With the sheer number of players discovering new worlds I can't help but think the cord count ceiling will be hit pretty quickly...

15. Calvinbah

Calvinbah Orbital Explorer

I want to like this post but it's so damn sad, I'm at a loss for what to do.

16. Leak

Leak Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is coordinates, aka coords...

17. NixeonLow

NixeonLow Astral Cartographer

Posted this .gif in the other thread, but decided to tie it into a spoof question! Oh, happiest of days!

Molly, Tiy, all the Chucklefishians, what do we do if the uncontrollable shakes of anticipation turns us more or less into adorkable squares of jiggling, bouncing, gelatinous gelatin?

tumblr_mep5alfV2A1qhzgwxo1_400.gif MY BODY IS READY!!

18. Dehzinn

Dehzinn Master Chief

At least we know which day the Steam servers will be crashing because of the amount of downloads.

19. Nova

Nova Void-Bound Voyager

This will help ease the pain.

Axe Garian, Tixed, SmoothGuy and 2 others like this.
  20. xXPausicXx

xXPausicXx Yeah, You!

The 6th is constitution day in my country, so i won't sleep in three days
    :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.