Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salrith

Salrith Subatomic Cosmonaut

Woo woo! Woopitydowoo!
    Ahem. Apologies for the outburst.

Two questions, Molly, or whomever is reading!

One: Me and my partner purchased gold tier together aages back. I wrote in and asked a long time back if there was any chance that our NPC names could appear together, when they're generated in a world... Sort of as a couple, heh. You said that sadly, there wasn't a way for that. Now that development has come so far, I want to ask again. Can two NPC names always appear together, or is that beyond the technical limitations? (Or rather, too much of a development detour!)

Two: Do you have any idea how frequently character / world saves will be wiped, through the Progenitor development pathway, or is it "It happens when it happens"?

You guys are awesome :) Hope beta is coming as a relief to you all!

2. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

Woo-hoo! I can't wait :)

3. rachairmuin

rachairmuin Astral Cartographer

*stopped breathing*

ilovethisgame and MagikPigon like this.
  4. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

Excellent <3 I wanted to be able to keep all the different colours <3

100Toby1 and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

1. There is a near-infinite amount of planets (like billions of billions). You'll never explore them all. Of course, after a while, the next planet you find will be more and more like those you already found. But there is no hard limit, and each planet will be at least a little bit different from others.
    4. There are a ton of wikis already. The one with most content right now is starbounder.org

6. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

At the moment, it's still the same UI that they had long before they showed us the new options. Not saying it's bad right now, but I always thought it was a little clunky looking (especially the hunger meter), and the stuff Tiy showed us changes around a few details and improves it a lot.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. OloBlizz

OloBlizz Void-Bound Voyager

OK, we gon' Kim Possible dis.
    So, I got my self a $15 beta thing, but I not only lost the link, but I also don't have complete access to the e-mail account of which I purchased Starbound on.

wat do?

8. Renstash09

Renstash09 Big Damn Hero

Woo! Can't wait. Wednesday will be a lot more tolerable at school.

xLyraHeartstringsx and Excentra like this.
  9. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Quick question!
    Are we gonna have a proper homepage update today or are we supposed to pretend that this is the update even though everybody already knew about it?

I'll be teaching how to write posts like this and more! Coming up in my "How to be an asshole" tutorial.

10. hipposcottimus

hipposcottimus Void-Bound Voyager

I was wonder if I could change the E-mail account that my account is linked too.

11. Grannysniff

Grannysniff Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there NPC talking? Like that one glitch guard who said halt from Donament?

GreenLink93 and Axe Garian like this.
  12. lolhaxxor

lolhaxxor Void-Bound Voyager

dis gon be gud

13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

While this is being directed at Molly, wanted to throw an idea to you if it is a limitation. Merged names. Give the two npcs combined names like: John Kyle Doe and Kyle John Doe. Just if you want the names to appear together. Know its not the same, but just putting it out there.

Tietzy and Axe Garian like this.
  14. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

If I recall someone mentioned something about ship customization at one point. I'm fairly sure it will happen but its probably wont be in the beta at first. Most likely you won't be able to change the outer style but just place items like furniture on the inside.

15. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

What timezone?

16. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes. Ty even mentioned ship weapons and FTL style combat. But that was not a promise, just a plan for the future and may not actually happen

17. Wolfbanes

Wolfbanes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question I'm sure everyone is itching to know:

Is one of the playable instruments a tuba? If not, since this game is said to be highly modifiable, how hard would it be to implement a new instrument?

Thanks!

18. Henry Wotton

Henry Wotton Starship Captain

If you paid whit your card or paypal, you should have a transaction history with starbound's payment info. Molly said they'll need those to figure out things :catface2:

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Tobias

Tobias Void-Bound Voyager

Why can't it be now

I need it now

I need it to live

Also just had a great idea for the plot of Crank 3

20. GalacticBanana

GalacticBanana Orbital Explorer

I'm so excited only 5 more days! Also, how consistent do you think the updates are going to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.