Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Poptop Tamer

How many people have been tested to be able to join a single server? What is a realistic server capacity at this point?

AIex, Axe Garian and wavefunction.e like this.
  2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the most i seen in a single stream was around 10 people
    might have been 8 idk lol

not rilly helpful, but the footage was the devs playing at i49

AIex and Axe Garian like this.
  3. shucklefan1

shucklefan1 Phantasmal Quasar

YES! THANKS MOLLY!

AIex, Axe Garian and Retnuh like this.
  4. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

The mob capturing / training system is already implemented?

5. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The music system doesn't happen to be available from the start, does it?

AIex, Axe Garian and Svarr Chanston like this.
  6. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

It should be, thats the whole reason im making starbards.net lol D:

--

Most everything we have seen in streams should already be available unless something broke horribly we dont know about [possible].... Also molly confirmed for me that there will be windows/linux dedicated server executables.

Player limit is unknown, they are most likely at least shooting for 40 i would think...? Hopefully higher, but its beta so whatever limit we find is whatever it will be 8D

Multiple sources say the netcode is nice, and multiplayer is smoooooth so assuming there are no bugs in-game that cause immediate hard server crashes.. you should potentially be able to fill up to at least 40 i would think before something shows. I could be wrong, and it highly depends on the net code and what kind of support options are on the back end for server.

But if all else fails at least we know it can handle 10.. xD

AIex, Axe Garian, Wolf_2789 and 8 others like this.
  7. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Does the game auth the users in multiplayer atm?

AIex, Axe Garian and MajorCyto like this.
  8. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

good question, i sure hope so or they will have a online-multiplayer pirate problem.

AIex, Axe Garian and RupertoRiley like this.
  9. Lore and cultural differences, eventually their quests. Right now the differences in armor and clothing are aesthetic.
    When the beta's out!

Characters are saved locally.

Oh, that I'm not too sure about. I'll see if we're sticking the soundtrack in with the rest of the download. :eek:

Nope, not yet. Hopefully real soon.

It is! You just need to find an instrument.

10. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

Oh... *throws his pokeballs back in the bag*

Wait, what about the pets? Are these already in or they depend on the same system?

Joniviv, RogerSwagg, AIex and 18 others like this.
  11. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh joy of joys! I'm going to find an ocarina.

12. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Questions:

How will updates be handled? Will there be a launcher that checks for updates or will we have to download a new update each time?

Will we have to make an account, and will character names be saved. (example there can only be one "Ghostar" or can anyone make a "Ghostar")

When can we have the secret staff server with a pizza party?

You mentioned before that characters we make in the Beta will be deleted on other updates, can you shed some light on why exactly? I mean if tech is changed I guess it would make sense you would need to change the model I suppose, this is mostly me being curious.

AIex, GreenLink93, Axe Garian and 6 others like this.
  13. Automatic updates!
    You won't need to make an account.
    Sure.
    Characters may be deleted because they may become incompatible with updates.

AIex, Axe Garian, Oudech and 13 others like this.
  14. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

But once we are out of beta, no fear of them being deleted from that point onward?

AIex, Axe Garian, WoxandWarf and 3 others like this.
  15. Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How will beta feedback be handled? Will there be subforums dedicated to bugs and whatnot?

AIex, Axe Garian and tassina like this.
  16. nss68

nss68 Void-Bound Voyager

What time of day and time zone is the beta being unlocked on steam and the keys being mailed out? Should we stay up all night Tuesday night or just wait until Wednesday afternoon?

AIex, GreenLink93, Axe Garian and 9 others like this.
  17. Davor

Davor Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, December 4th is my birthday, EXCELLENT.

Ok, my question is about the tiers: how many hours can we expect of gameplay going from tier to tier? And if we all start on a danger level 1 planet will that contain most of the material and gameplay for tier 1+ or will you have to travel to completely transition from tier 1 to tier 2?

TIER.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  18. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

AIex and Axe Garian like this.
  19. Cralikon

Cralikon Master Chief

Will saves, worlds, and characters be saved across the steam cloud, to the computer itself, or to the account associated with the save, character, or world? I use multiple devices, so cloud or account saving would be extremely useful. Thanks Molly, I'm super hyped about this game!

20. Masaki84

Masaki84 Tentacle Wrangler

I am so excited right now :D been staking this site for months, cant wait to play next week, just wish my days off coincided with it lol. which they don't as I work Wed- Sat T.T oh wells. been playing Wanderlust while I wait :D yay for steam sales

AIex and GreenLink93 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.