1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Lol. Relax. How was i even negative. I'm pumped. But ppl are turning "around dec 4" into "definitely dec 4". He said around to give himself some wiggle room and people are already saying they'll be mad if it isn't the 4th. Its funny to see the frenzy ppl go into. It would definitely be amusing to see how those ppl react to waiting another day. :)

2. FancyNancy

FancyNancy Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Actually, I was talking about that thread. :p

Apart from the people who just voted their preferred option, there were plenty of people saying that anyone wanting a DRM-free version at all were being silly and irrational. Not to mention selfish, to be asking that CF release anywhere other than steam, even if they had already committed to it... (Note that this was even when I made it clear that I understood and supported beta being on steam as a primary goal, and that I understood that there was no way to do a parallel beta on both.)

Bleh. I don't want to even remember that thread.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. Terran

Terran Subatomic Cosmonaut

Every day will now be unreasonably slow.

5. Dennis

Dennis Subatomic Cosmonaut

The 4-pack with beta access will be available through Steam Early Access or just for those that pre-ordered on the site?

6. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, this is great.....if the 4th is the day no more smary posts from the usual suspects, not sure what they will do with the Beta being released. I guess they will go to another game that is in development and go bug that community. We can dream right?

If the Dev's don't make the 4th, it will be like pre-teen girls drawn to a a boy band concert.

How can I apply to be a moderator? I will use my ban hammer with the utmost professionalism...I promise!!!

7. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

Before preorder....release dates x2, after preorder.1 vague one ( and even then it still didn't hit, as release was changed to Beta).

8. Paladin946

Paladin946 Void-Bound Voyager

Only 07d 06h 42m 40s go go go ! ! ^_^

9. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

i was wondering which game you will be moving on to. i look forward to not having to read the garbage you post ;). me, i'm hoping i can get inspired and create some SB fan art. oh and ps a happy x-mas to you and for the coming year may you live in interesting times.

cyberspyXD, Pingeh and sammanzhi like this.
  10. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Careful what you wish for. Being a Mod isn't all fun and ban hammers...

11. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Yes it is.

Ceteria, Skarn, AstroBlast and 19 others like this.
  12. NonBritGit

SHHHHHHHHHH.

cyberspyXD and Rekalty like this.
  13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Never seen someone say they will stop posting, and then ask how to apply for moderator in the same post. :yeahhhh:

14. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

"....assuming everything goes well with Steam."

I'll see you guys in another 6 months.

dhxmg, Pingeh, Gene and 1 other person like this.
  15. NonBritGit

heh, not generally what you look for in a moderator...:cautious:

cyberspyXD likes this.
  16. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Don't take this the wrong way.

You guys need to find something else to do. Date a girl, work a job, something. I mean, it'll be great when beta drops, but hovering over everything SB related isn't healthy. Anticipation will make things slow, but I've seen a lot of (not necessarily you, you just happened to be who I quoted,) people that just obsess over the release of this game. It concerns me, because the poor sods are going to be disappointed. It happens to so many people.

/rant. Let beta come.

17. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

18. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

This is the kind of complaining that turns a nice, open, real, videogame development company, into a company which barely communicates with it's public since previous experience has only yielded negative results.

Not you specifically, just all of the people who complained about the release date, under the false impression that it would bring the game any faster.

It just baffles my mind, that with the state the industry is in right now, with terrible games being produced by massive companies - the scope for complaining in that area is huge, but what do we do? We throw more money at them. And then a company like Chucklefish comes along, and their only mistake is to make wrong estimates on the release date while getting everything else that could possibly be gotten right, right and people grumble and say "this is the last time I use kickstarter" (and then presumably go and buy a full priced game in limited edition, and then go order a season pass)

Skarn, donkeyjones and Gene like this.
  19. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I wonder how quickly I'd get lynched if I requested the beta to not be released until I get back from my vacation. (Since if things go well I leave on the 5th)

My guess is I'm already being lynched as we speak.

Discuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.