1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

So much Cocaine Starbound!

Psygnosis likes this.
  2. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

If has the in-game server hosting, that would be great. But i'm talking about the dedicated server, which will probably be a separate program that will need to be re-downloaded every time an update is released.

3. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My bad for not making it clear enough, the dedicated server for terraria is included in the steam download and thusly always kept up to date!

4. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

I actually had not known that. I use T-Shock for my Terraria server, so I do have to re-download the server every time.

5. dhxmg

The more you know... ^ ^

Anyhow, seeing as it stands I assume the devs know about this and will make a smooth solution for us, and it will not be a problem :3

6. SaitaM

SaitaM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mah body is ready!!!! Kind of...

7. dhxmg

No, you can not be ready for beta. It is stronger then anything you can imagine...

Soggytoast likes this.
  8. Coramnis

Coramnis Industrial Terraformer

Does anyone remember them saying we'd get two weeks notice before the beta? I'm not sure if that's something I'm making up or if it actually happened. I'm just being whiney though.

Either way, yay! Beta!

9. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

And then all the LPs will come out.... and you would think that they only come from the cruddy video makers... nope, the press makes A LOT of LPs as well. We live in a day of age where people, both professional and nooblets, RUSH to make videos, regardless of quality, I mean seriously, look at PDP :p (Not everyone rushes, just to note, but those who spend quality time making their videos often don't get the same amount of feedback and views as those who rush, its like why McDonalds is popular, enough people are willing to put up with the lack of quality).

O well, YAY BETA!
    [​IMG]

10. SaitaM

Yeah probably gonna get blown away and mind raped with all the excitement..And then try to move on from the initial screen and start creating my char...

dhxmg likes this.
  11. Daray20

Daray20 Orbital Explorer

huh looks like well be getting it in the next week or so according to tiys latest tweet

12. SaitaM

Don't think it was that much..I recall something like from a week to some days prior notice. May be confusing things though

13. SaitaM

And this thread's current updated title :p

14. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im so excited with starbound that somehow i know i will only play it 1 hour on the first day (depends if im playing with someone or not)

15. Zorochi

Zorochi Void-Bound Voyager

glad to see beta soon, warframe on steam has many updates a day and managed to always keep up on steam.
    best way would be to run a launcher, connect to a update server after launching with steam.
    cubeworld, waframe etc use this method which seems to work really well.
    have 5 copys preordered and hope to run a server soon! :D
    hope once the beta releases the funding shoots up as its had points in the past where its decreased due to high number of refunds.

16. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

(Sshhhhh! If you remind them, they might delay the release so they're right!)

dhxmg likes this.
  17. SaitaM

JJeeeah rite...Start fooling yourself mate :rofl:

18. belgariad87

belgariad87 Title Not Found

this will happen just when i should be studying for finals. OH WELL i don't need college anyway.

[​IMG] Here I come!

SaitaM likes this.
  19. Khyron42

Khyron42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love 'em all, in their own way. I don't think there's any one definition of a "good" LP. Some can be really entertaining, but some are just people, well, playing the game, and sharing that experience.

I feel like the LP has taken the place of the game demo in a lot of cases - you heard about a great game, and you want to know more. Game demos are an unbelievable pain in the pork buns, so they're less and less common. I find it nice that LPs have filled the gap!

EDIT:

We need to start a live chat at game launch, and take bets to see who can crash the game first =)

20. PlayMp1

PlayMp1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

I couldn't resist any longer.

Kujar3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.