1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WOOOO!!! This just made my morning!

2. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

If arrangements don't go through with steam, I will boycott steam. For ten seconds. Then I shall realize that all of my good games every computer game I own is on steam and start using it again.

Skarn, Snowfalcon and dhxmg like this.
  3. Khyron42

Khyron42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I look at this thread, and I see two sides - negative and positive. What's funny is that no-one ever really convinced anyone else. You find one whiny statement, you find the same 5-10 people "like" it. And ditto for the more positive approach - "Skarn, PlayMp1, Wulpher, Sammanzhi like this".

Why are we not swapping Steam info for multiplayer?

sammanzhi likes this.
  4. Alexooox

Alexooox Phantasmal Quasar

How me and my friend feel right naw : [​IMG]

Soggytoast and SteelSoldier like this.
  5. White935

White935 Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Am leaving on the 5-6th dec for a wedding in another country <.< for a couple of days anyway.

6. Kormos

Kormos Void-Bound Voyager

Was the last thing I expected to read this morning, but oh Hell Yes ...

[​IMG]

7. PlayMp1

PlayMp1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, no one convinced anyone. That's how politics works, and how it has always worked ("work" used metaphorically here). Just look at governments around the world.

Of course it was the negative people liking each other and positive people, like me, liking each other. Regardless, I'm probably not going to play with people on here - no offense to you fine lot, but I already have a group of four or five people I consistently play things with.

8. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Sounds like a pretty solid plan...;)

BETA!:eek: Cant wait!

9. Khyron42

Sadly, no-one in my gaming circle has caught Starbound Fever. Fortunately, I'VE GOT A LIST OF ALL YOUR NAMES, muahahahaha.

I'm shocked, by the way, that this thread has not already been inundated with "BLARG STEAM YUCK Y U DRM CHUCKLE??"

Johan likes this.
  10. NEO|Phyte

NEO|Phyte Subatomic Cosmonaut

My thought on the matter is that with how often they're planning on pushing out updates during phase 1, it is going to be a complete bitch trying to keep people version-synced, especially if beta includes dedicated server support.

11. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

This is the same position I'm in. Only one other person in my gaming circle is as hyped as I am about Starbound.

12. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Partly because we did the DRM thing back when Tiy asked the community, Khyron.

sammanzhi likes this.
  13. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

BLARG STEAM YUCK Y U DRM CHUCKLE??
    Because it's Beta, and it's finally here. I don't really care what form it's in as long as it comes.
    Now, when full release comes, I kinda want a no Steam version.

14. PlayMp1

PlayMp1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's because we've pretty much already had the DRM discussion. The DRM-free version will come in phase 2 (which will undoubtedly be in 2014, I'm guessing it'll start in March).

Skarn likes this.
  15. Arkadiusz103pl

Arkadiusz103pl Space Spelunker

Finally, kids won't have butt hurt :)

16. Khyron42

Doesn't Steam's automatic updating mean that keeping everyone version synced is going to be impossible to avoid? Does something work differently than I think it does?

Oh no, don't try that one on me! I have 210 pages of evidence that "We've already had this argument" is officially no reason not to have an argument again =)

I suspect alien mind control is the much more plausible reason.

Skarn and dhxmg like this.
  17. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*hugs* I'll play for you too, don't worry :)

White935 likes this.
  18. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

The dedicated server will probably be difficult to keep updated, but that's all I can picture. I'm fine with steam DRM, as long as steam gets it IN THEIR SYSTEM in time.

Hazmat likes this.
  19. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Assuming the server is put with the game (like terraria) that is not an issue ^ ^

20. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Woke up and saw the good news.
    it's time for the Snoopy Happy Dance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.