1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

I don't really have a screenshot right now, but try this:
    1) Acquire a Caraara Marble (Or however you spell it)
    2) Place the gate down on solid, flat ground, preferably on a lower part of the map
    3) Jump on a ladder (Longer ladders work better, and your y-position has to be higher than the y-position of the gate)
    4) Activate the marble
    5) Press up or down to climb on air.

I think the game still recognizes that you're on the same ladder as before and lets you climb upwards. Sometimes you'll get stuck in the ground, which I believe has to do with the thickness of the ground tiles.

Edit: Wrong version. Seems to be fixed in the newest one.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
      needsomemiracle likes this.
    • wtchappell

wtchappell Space Hobo

Yes. Can I not see items I've unlocked or picked up while playing drizzle? If that's a conscious choice, I'm not sure I understand why. I've either picked it up or I haven't, regardless of difficulty, and I don't think they have different effects based on difficulty or anything like that. Seems like a bug to me.

• wtchappell

wtchappell Space Hobo

I've seen lots of posts elsewhere on the net that seem to do two player local coop with controllers on Risk of Rain just fine, so I'm assuming that it is a bug if it doesn't work for me. (Also saw other posts on the net from people with the same problem.)

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

The game explicitly states that progress doesn't save on Drizzle. In fact, Drizzle was known as 'Casual' in the beta builds.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Was recodring just in case something interesting would show up, and sure enough:
            6:55 you can see where the boss spawns.
            9:00 and 9:30 I'm firing off the Nematocyst Nozzle. Apparently, monsters killed from across the whole stage send you experience, but money lets lost along the way.
            9:50 another shot, this time close enough for the coins to get to me.
            10:10 there's another glitch with money path finding.

P.S. There's no sound because today I too got struck with the oInit disease - error defining an external function. Noone is safe, I guess, no matter how long everything was fine :p

• TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sound completely stopped working for me today.

• kremy

kremy Intergalactic Tourist

I just recently got these two errors, not sure what they mean cause i'm no computer expert, anyone know?

Code:
                Time:0:28:5

ERROR in
                action number 2
                of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                for object oClay:

In script alarm_ai_default:
                In script teleport_nearby:
                Error in code at line 12:

rety = tff.y+sprite_get_yoffset(ttele.sprite_index)-sprite_get_height(ttele.sprite_index)
                                                                 ^
                at position 48: Unknown variable sprite_index
                Code:
                 Time:16:37:55

ERROR in
                action number 5
                of Create Event
                for object oInit:

Error defining an external function.

Time:16:38:19

ERROR in
                action number 5
                of Create Event
                for object oInit:

Time:16:38:41

ERROR in
                action number 5
                of Create Event
                for object oInit:

Time:16:39:4

ERROR in
                action number 5
                of Create Event
                for object oInit:

• Treadlight

The first one is trying to find the sprite of an object, but uses a variable to refer to the object. It seems the game doesn't know what that variable means in your case.

The second one is an extremely common error that I have no idea about. My best guess would be some problem in how oInit uses the .dll files. A lot of people say that restarting their computer oddly fixed this problem, myself included. I don't know why this is.

• Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Here's a minor miner one--

Direseeker, the miniboss you have to beat to unlock the Miner, only seems to spawn for the host in multiplayer. I was playing with a couple of friends of mine the other day (I was the Merc, they were HAN-D and the Huntress), and we found the tunnel. We all ran through to check the thing out -- there was nothing there for me and the other client, but we saw the host (HAN-D) start punching the everloving shit out of the rightside wall under the pod. Eventually, there was a firespike (he had the will'o'wisp) and an explosion of XP sparks+gold. Turns out Direseeker had spawned for him and he'd stunlocked it against the wall, but to us it looked like major connection weirdness.

• Calming Effect

Calming Effect Space Spelunker

This is a bug, but I am pretty sure that you are not supposed to be able to unlock characters in a co-op game as it is, correct me if I am wrong. So the bug is that it showed up for the host when it should not have.

• Arcalane

That's what I've heard, but it also seems rather counter-intuitive. You can get the Bandit if your team makes it past Stage 3 (that's how I got him), you can get the Sniper if your team beats Providence (...again, how I got him). Why disallow obtaining characters from map events when they can still be earned from challenges that MP counts towards (repair 40 drones for Engy, beat Providence 5 times for Merc, etc.) or can directly fulfill, as mentioned?

All characters can be unlocked through playing on Easy/Drizzle, so it can't simply be that unlocking them in co-op would make things 'too easy'.

Duffie likes this.
                        • Stickman1

Stickman1 Phantasmal Quasar

It happens if the object dosn't exist ^^
                          It must know wich variable it means because EVERY instance has a sprite_index var :)
                          So it simply didn't got created xD
                          This is a very simple error wich can be fixed with "if(instance_exists(...) ){...} "
                          *the more you know*

• Treadlight

I meant, it seemed like it didn't know what 'ttele' was supposed to be. I know every instance has its own sprite_index. I figured 'ttele' wasn't the actual object name, since all of the other object names in this game have a lowercase 'o' at the beginning. I thought it was an issue with declaring what 'ttele' meant at the wrong time. It could very well also be what you said.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If Han-D dies during the overclock buff, the stat screen shows his overclocked sprite.

2013-11-26_00001.jpg

Duffie likes this.
                              • E2NUN2

E2NUN2 Space Hobo

I uninstalled it via Steam. Should I just delete some files or is it a bad idea?

• ShadowSlayer218

ShadowSlayer218 Master Chief

I just got this error:

Time:21:6:33

ERROR in
                                  action number 1
                                  of Step Event
                                  for object oDirectorControl:

Error in code at line 1:
                                  if ((oP.dead=false && oInit.coop=0) || (oInit.coop=1 && oInit.player_number!=0) && alarm[11]=-1) && oInit.skip = 1
                                  ^
                                  at position 9: Unknown variable dead

I just bought the game from steam on windows, after I died, went back to the main menu, and tried to start another game, this error would happen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Well I found a work around, by deleting both the Save.ini file and the Save back up file I am able to play another game, but when I die I have to re-delete those two files.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
                                  • Arcalane

Two more--

1) Chargefield Generator. If you pick up more than one of these, it stops working; no shock ring/etc. is generated when you kill an enemy. Picking up a third didn't re-enable it either.

2) Was fighting on the Frozen Tundra and got this;

• Mabui

Mabui Void-Bound Voyager

So after 212 mins in on Monsoon mode with 3+ lines of items with several 20x+ stacks and picking up an ancient wand my Commando decides to vanish leaving all item effects and droids still there.
                                      I could still attacks and run in a glitchy manor but couldn't jump or climb so I just had to toss all the progress I had.

My only guess is you're not meant to get to a 5th row of items.

I don't think I'll be playing RoR for little while now.

Attached Files:

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly I didn't know it was even possible to get a 5th row. Are there actually enough items to accomplish such a thing?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.