1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

You provide the parts, and I'll push a system to run it.

2. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is correct if you have a team of seasoned testers......this is not what is going to happen when this beta is released. You will have < 90k people in the 'beta" process, the game should be well beyond that point. This is like a semi-public beta, all the core stuff should be solid at this point.

It seems to be CF is going to release the beta in phase 1 they know is not ready to be played, they will not not pay much attention to user feedback during this phase. These seems like a release to appease the promise of Beta in 2013. I wouldn't get your hopes up to high for a robust bug reporting website during this phase.

I think the team will continue a narrow focus working on a more stable build with Phase 2 which is where they wanted the public beta progress to be in the first place. This is when i think we will see feedback requested via the tools you mention.

Fyreflyte likes this.
  3. OzzytheFist

Also, I feel like I need to clear this up.

Unless things changed, silence is not able to be taken as admission of guilt. The prosecutor needs evidence of his claim even if it is taken as admission of guilt. I think those are both relevant but maybe not, I haven't read the whole conversation

PlayMp1 likes this.
  4. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

“To qualify as an admission by silence or an implied admission, it is essential that the accused heard the incriminating statement and that it was made under circumstances which allowed an opportunity for the accused to reply, and where a man similarly situated would ordinarily have denied the accusation”.
    People v. Cihak, 169 Ill. App. 3d 606 (Ill. App. Ct. 1988).

5. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

wisdom of the ancients.

Cowboypunker likes this.
  6. OzzytheFist

That's a different situation. That's not "silence as guilt." That's refusal to answer, which includes a bit of silence, but is conditional. You're more than allowed to just stay quiet or refuse to stand as witness, among other things, in court. If you are directly accused of, say, stealing a million beanie babies, and it is clear that you heard and understood, you would be held accountable for a lack of action assuming there was ample evidence to support the prosecution.

7. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

Supreme Court Genovevo Salinas 1992.

8. ACDelco

ACDelco Void-Bound Voyager

Things have changed.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/12pdf/12-246_7l48.pdf

9. OzzytheFist

10. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

Woah, woah, woah. You had me right up until you said "milliion beanie babies." Who is gonna steal a million beanie babies? I feel like you're gonna be losing money at that point. And where you gonna put all them babies? Better have a big ol' baby bag.

Just stepped into the realm of fantasy there man, I can't take you seriously anymore.

PlayMp1, Paco495, Pingeh and 2 others like this.
  11. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Anyone else find it a bit strange that there have not been (as much) insults and stuff for a while..... Maybe rational discussion can prevail..... Maybe.

sammanzhi likes this.
  12. Posel

Posel Master Chief

At first you have to write something to be insulted for..

Paco495 likes this.
  13. Khyron42

Khyron42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm new to this whole "Grind teeth and bite nails continuously until Starbound is playable" scene, and I just watched my first (archived) developer stream which featured Molly.

I think if she just did the updates as audio files, all the hate would evaporate immediately. Who could stay mad at that voice?

Clearly, Ozzy has forgotten that on the Internet, the correct example when discussing hypothetical theft is forty cakes.

Oh, and how's Wanderlust, you lucky sunuvabeech?

BrakSampson, Skarn, Gellelao and 2 others like this.
  14. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Party UI in progress. I wonder how much stuff to finish there before first beta stage (except fixing crashes, bugs and etc. minor stuff).

15. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think there has been many insults, just heated debate on some issues. I think most folks have agreed to disagree on some of the more intense issues around the beta, full release, funding..etc.

cyberspyXD likes this.
  16. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

I had forgotten about the forty cakes, it's just too evil. And Wanderlust is pretty decent, though the means of selecting spells is confusing at times. Definitely was stoked to be drawn, I never win anything.:V:D

17. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

How do I put this?

No.

It isn't.

At least not in countries with a fair and functional judicial system. Snap!

Skarn likes this.
  18. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

I'm too understanding of opinions to argue with anybody, I'm so ashamed.

19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Go burn in hell-fire understanding one!

20. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Skarn and Pingeh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.