1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Shop mecanics

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by NoBlackThunder, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoBlackThunder

NoBlackThunder Big Damn Hero

Hey i bought the pixel tier .. but im thinking about buying a second tier like the gold or diamont ( i dont bother having 2 copys of a game) is that possible without messing up somthing ?

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You can buy multiple tiers, so you shouldn't have any problems purchasing a second.

shucklefan1 likes this.
  3. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

I bought two teirs myself, so no problem there, just make sure if you get the badge thing that you link it to your forum profile =)

4. NoBlackThunder

ok .. =) im shure im gonna invest in the gold or diamont tier... i have high expertation.. and i got a good feling they dont get disapointet ... and the more money they get the longer they can run the beta .. add content and fix bugs .. thats why i wanna buy a higher tier =) gonna buy it tomorow when i got my mony from work on my account again =P

Edit :

Ps: thanks for help .. even if it was kind of stupid question .. but i like to ask just to be shure ^^

5. Darst

Darst Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have to buy the next tier up at full price or can you get a discount if already bought a lower tier? Or can you straight up donate for a higher tier?

6. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

There is no mechanism for upgrading your pre-order. If you want to get a higher tier, you have to either buy it in addition to what you already have, or get a refund for the one you have first.

7. Jonesy

You don't get a discount based on any tiers you already have. They're still at full price. If you're hoping to help out the devs, that might not be a problem for you.

8. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, I think it would be more than fair if you could just upgrade to a higher tier, only paying the difference between that one and your previous tier. Of course, that would only get you the extra privileges, and not an extra copy of the game.

9. Jonesy

It would make sense, especially since there's no existing support for it. I suspect we'll get a fair few pre-orders after the beta launches, so who knows.

10. NoBlackThunder

well there i bought my secont preorder Diamont tier =D weee .. mhh question now is what to call my npc .. i wonder if Rudolf Rainder would be okey =P .. thats what i tell other people when i meet them the first time .. often they dont get te point and say rudolf is not a name :rofl: HAHA

11. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I figured as much. I've been keeping an eye on how much Starbound's making every week or so. After the i49 event and Tiy's announcement on the beta stages, the number of pre-orders grew considerably. I can only imagine when the beta's out :)

Since that's slightly on topic, do you know if there's going to be any price change after the beta starts, Jonesy? I'm asking because there are a few friends who wanna pre-order, but not just yet.

Name him Solomon Darling and I will love you forever. Seriously.

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Jonesy

I know that the price will go up after pre-orders finish. But since they will continue through the beta we probably won't see a price increase until the full release.

Solomon Darling likes this.
  13. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+ you wont be able to play the beta (i think)

14. NoBlackThunder

from what i read earlyer i am pretty shure you can buy the game when its in beta and get the beta release. i think i read that in the FAQ

failcake likes this.
  15. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Pre-ordering the game during beta still grants beta access.

16. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

Very true, which is why I intend to buy this game soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.