1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find out about this game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OneOnlyDan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jack2212

jack2212 Void-Bound Voyager

I think I just typed in "star" on google and found it somehow

2. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was reading the Terraria updates on Steam, and one of the updates said that Terraria had no more updates but don't be sad because you can look forward to Starbound.

3. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

I was told by an old guild leader in a guild I use to be in for Guild Wars 2

4. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

My friend and I were really bored so we just started searching indie games on our PCs. My friend though it was stupid at first but I immediately loved it. Later I got him interested in the game.

5. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

I was on teamspeak with some random people playing Legions: overdrive. One of them just blurted out "STARBOUND! The best game ever...and its not even out yet." I just had to check it out after that. When I saw that it was incredibly like Terraria I hopped over the the pre-order and bought me some of this epicness ;)

6. Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me and a friend of mine were playing Terraria together when he mentioned the game. I wasn't initially tempted to look into it until he mentioned exploring other planets (thus, infinite land generation unlike Terraria).

7. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

There was a link to the website in the article about Terraria's updates stopping, as I recall.

8. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe it was last year at the beginning of summer that I found a thread on Terraria and I decided to check it out and now I've been waiting for awhile.

9. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Terraria forums.

10. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

You lucky bastard. I wish I got to test it. :)
    In other words, yes. You should feel lucky, cus you are.

11. Croyd

Croyd Big Damn Hero

I think I read about it in a terraria forum, not positive though. I read a lot of game news from multiple sites.

12. TharDrain

TharDrain Aquatic Astronaut

A friend of mine heard it from a friend of his who found it on google xD

13. Fairawen

Fairawen Void-Bound Voyager

My friends and I played Terraria quite a bit together, but it got a bit boring for me when it turned into simple gear-grinding. Someone mentioned, "Is there another game like this coming out? Like, Terraria in space?" I Googled "Terraria in space", got here, and uttered - "No my friend, this seems to be much, much more."

OneOnlyDan likes this.
  14. The_Master_sensei

The_Master_sensei Master Chief

it was quite buggy but still i managed to get trapped by its epicness for at least half an hour, i can not wait to play the beta:)

OneOnlyDan likes this.