1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Slush

Sir Slush Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sometimes the graphic effects stop showing. Things like missile trails, electricity from the chargefield generator, etc., stop showing up when I get too many enemies or too many missiles, charges, or whatever on the screen at once. It's not as noticeable with the missiles, but the electric ring from the chargefield generator becomes this plain white line that's disconcerting for a moment or two.

• joeinfro

joeinfro Space Hobo

Constant crashing, no matter which character i pick. The only time I've ever gotten to the final stage was with Enforcer, but almost every time the game loads a new level, the game crashes, occasionally taking my soundcard with it. vcredist has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times (and accompanying restarts), but most of the time I dont even get sound in the game.

• Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Your computer is not the best it seems, so the graphics were auto-lowered for your computer to prevent FPS loss.
        Welp ._.

• bluUnix

bluUnix Master Chief

you would think that, but 1) Imp Overlord just stood still and let me kill him, without actually attacking in the air, and 2) Providence can't actually hurt you with the jump slash (from what I can tell) when on a ladder. I will try and get screenshots if I get Tesla coil again to try and prove what is happening. As always, thanks for the help.

• PixelScum

PixelScum Orbital Explorer

Fair enough, I didn't notice otherwise but ladders save you from magma snakes and meteors so honestly that's not that surprising.

More of an issue and less of a bug, the chat text is really REALLY hard to read in the tundra level in multiplayer; either the background or the text colors could use a tweak (or letting us define our own colors would work too.)

• Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

I've seen Ifrit do this as well, though instead of sliding to the right, he slid to the left.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I checked and this isn't in the OP, but this bug has been around since the demo before the beta was even available. During the 'Enemies Remaining' phase of the teleporter sequence, if there are any surviving magma worms, each individual segment of a magma worm will be counted as a seperate 'Enemy Remaining' as long as it's rendered. It's only counted as 1 when not rendered.

Although, I don't think they really "render" at all. Rather, they probably have a magma worm object with a certain ID that spawns and despawns. And the ID stores the information of which magma worm it is, its health, and what kind of magma worm it is.

Also, unrelated but still a bug:
                This affects toxic beasts. If the Unstable Watch is used while a toxic beast exists, and the toxic beast is still alive after the effect ends, the toxic beast will remain immobile until it spawns more of the mini-beasts. (What are those "mini-beasts" actually called?)

• ipsum

ipsum Twenty-three is number one

In co-op, if a magma worm is killed and its item drop spawns on top of a dead player, the dead player will collect the item. Might want it to spawn on top of the closest alive player.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

that is actually a good thing. since the player that died will become underpowered in the next level.
                    also the players that are still alive can just purchase anything else that's left on the level.
                    multiplayer tips: dont hog all the items. distribute evenly(if possible) between each other

• ipsum

ipsum Twenty-three is number one

That may be true, but I can't imagine that it's intended to work that way. What really needs to change is the revive mechanic.

Treadlight likes this.
                      • gumbyscout

gumbyscout Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if anyone has reported this, didn't see it listed on the OP. While playing as enforcer, possibly only while using a controller and on online co-op, if you use 'protect and serve' and die, you can't switch between alive players. Also, when you re spawn the next level, you have to use 'protect and serve' and exit out of it to be able to jump.

• PixelScum

PixelScum Orbital Explorer

Being able to buy back a player would be pretty sweet actually.

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

Check your settings. When the game starts running too slowly, it might automatically lower graphics quality.

• P.Alex

P.Alex Industrial Terraformer

RoR suddenly refuses to take any sort of key input.

Attached Files:

• Shimizu

Shimizu Orbital Explorer

Not sure if reported already, but some items are conflicting with the "Survive on the lava for 1 minute" achievement, stood there for about 5 minutes w/o getting it.

• Benq666

Benq666 Void-Bound Voyager

Yep, have the exact same issue here, and the crash happens after certain amount of time, if you'll just rush as fast as you can you can get to lvl 3 or 4, but after 10 or so minutes music stops (and some other sounds too, like spawning sounds or sounds of monster attacks) after going to the next level and the game freezes when you try to teleport to the next level, taking out all the sounds from the system, only rebooting helps return it. (soundcard is "Asus Xonar Essence ST"). I wonder if this might be the case ... Hoping to get a fix for this bug, because right now I just can't play the game ...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
                                  • Benq666

Benq666 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, about the crash when teleporting - I think I found a way to avoid it. When you clear all the enemies, go to teleport, press action to confirm that you're ready to teleport. After that your money will start to convert to xp, and while this is happening - you need to go away from the portal (as far as you can). Altho it won't fix the sound problems (sound will still disappear alongside with music), but atleast game wont crash while teleporting. Hope this'll help some of you while we're waiting for fix from developer.

PS
                                    To anyone who hates this big steam overlay in game - launch the game using "Big Picture" mode (it's at the top right corner of Steam), the toasts will be nice and small.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Twice now I've seen use items pop up from large canisters. The first time it was the bouncing brain in the Hive Cluster, and today I saw the Lost Doll come out of a canister in the Sunken Tombs.

Has anyone else seen it and does anyone know if this is normal?

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty certain this isn't a bug, just that use items have a chance to appear in them.

• DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended feature, but it seems sometimes when you spawn ghosts using the Jar of Souls, the ghosts outright refuse to attack even with enemies present.

I've noticed this tends to mostly happen with "normal colored" enemies, while ghosts made out of the "special color" monsters will attack as per usual.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.