1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Relax, that's just a joke... :cautious:
    Now please refrain from going personal on the forums or you'll end getting a report, a warning from a mod, or even a ban!

2. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

man, they had to fix the bugs to continue to add the things that were planned to beta, so they fixed the bugs and continued to add content, then new bugs arrived and they fixed, then new bugs arrived... That's the reason.

ok they aren't wrong to be upset, but they are wrong to flood the forums with lots of threads like: BETA NOW! To fix this they made this thread so nobody would have to flood the forums again.

3. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

Hasaosan confirmed for troll'd. top lel

Now onto something more serious and relevant to the thread:
    The game will come out when it comes out, maybe now or maybe next year, but when it does, we'll all play it and think to ourselves "Man, what a good addition to my collection of games, what a shame I'll probably stop playing it when I've hit the final tier and have beaten all the bosses."

If you don't like that its not already out, or feel jaded by the breaking of promises that were only given to appease the ignorant masses and usually shattered by programming problems or other issues outside of human control, then go ahead and claim a refund, but you won't change that the game is being worked on, and will only hinder the game's production for those who still believe in the game devs. There are similar games, and you're more than welcome to play them instead, and nobody will stop you.

The game will see a release, and you will all play it regardless, because you'll see how much fun we're all having in our lego forts.

Maruku likes this.
  4. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

[​IMG]

OzzytheFist, Lobo and totallybob like this.
  5. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, your description is what feature creep is more accurately. But a lack of a real plan and just adding shit till they're happy with the content is in essence similar. Not the exact same, but close. If feature creep didn't happen to an absurd degree, or if there was a solid plan to which feature creep did not infect it like a plague, the estimations wouldn't have been as far off as they were, nor would they have been so close initially. If they said november, then december, then early 2013, that tells me they saw what was complete and figured it wasn't much more. Now they were saying they are pushing back release to 2014 (and if the backlash wouldn't be monumental, i'm sure they would have done the same to beta) that tells me they just kept rolling and rolling. If all the stuff added during 2013 was part of the initial plan, then they would have had to be absolutely beginner programmers and designers to screw up estimations that badly, and that is not the case.

So yes. Feature creep.

6. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

[Joker Voice]: Why so serious?

7. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

would you guys stop picking on him he lost his temper that's now reason to be ass's about it.

Lycaon likes this.
  8. Unstoppabro

Unstoppabro Phantasmal Quasar

Hasaosan was being a jerk and a flamer, why not teach him a lesson? If people didn't make fun of others for raging there would be so much less happiness in this world

9. Unstoppabro

Unstoppabro Phantasmal Quasar

Hold your horses there, let the devs take their time, you want them to release a half-baked game?

sammanzhi likes this.
  10. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is exactly what I was talking about.

11. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

it's convenient is it not to forget this is the guys original post before he lost his temper.

the guy was angry and he lashed out, thats still no reason to act like jerks :rolleyes: but don't let me stop you from making a fool of yourself. by all means go ahead :up:.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    sammanzhi likes this.
  12. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

And the cycle begins anew.

Skarn and RynCage like this.
  13. Wulpher

Back to the bunker.

14. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah, but bullying a jerk doesn't make you better than him, just reduces you to the same level.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  15. CisRox

CisRox Aquatic Astronaut

Please hold the beta release until December 31 2013 so I can have an amazing birthday gift, ok?

16. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Because combating bad behavior with bad behavior isn't a very good solution

onerb2 likes this.
  17. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

time flows like a river, and history repeats....
    You're*

M C likes this.
  18. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

Everyone here is asking themselves "where is beta?" when the question they SHOULD be asking is "where is Waldo?"

We want answers.

19. Wulpher

Read that in Dale's voice.

Well played.

sammanzhi and Artem like this.
  20. FilipinoBoiii

FilipinoBoiii Orbital Explorer

I'm still going to play this game regardless if it came out tomorrow or in January lol so I'm pretty happy. Keep doing yo thing devs.
    If you are just THAT IMPATIENT then my advice would be to completely stop obsessing over Starbound. You will still get an email as soon as the beta is available.

Time seems to fly by faster whenever I do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.