11th November Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 12, 2013.

1. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

Ok! well when you think of it please tell me!

2. kainfury

kainfury Orbital Explorer

Found it! It's GraphicGale .

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here, so look it up in Google. It's the first result.

fredmay20 likes this.
  3. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

Alright thanks for it! this will make for some fun posts :)

kainfury likes this.
  4. Lunaea

Lunaea Big Damn Hero

To be honest, I kind of like how brightly colored the monsters are. :unsure:When they blend in, they don't stand out as much, and I'm not very fond of that. Also, that vibrant purple/green dinosaur reminds me of the evil version of Barney....hehe :)

5. Ivanglez

Ivanglez Space Hobo

I have been waiting for this game to come out on beta for a very long time. Read every update and I can't believe how far it has come. What a great development team and I am so excited to play this. KEEP IT UP GUYS WE LOVE YOU! :D

6. WickedWitch

WickedWitch Big Damn Hero

I was just thinking that :rofl:

Not to detract from the hard work the games artists have done, but I agree that from the comparisons Kainfury has provided, they are slightly better with the shading and dulled colours.
    Not being the best at pixel art, and even just from editing my own avatar I can tell just how pain staking it can be just to alter 1 static frame. Let alone a dozen frames for each body part on random monsters. Just to make the whole thing look realistic or atleast correct. Maybe that's just my ocd.

I do hope that we would be able to add in our own spites, models etc, modded and new. Even if its for offline use and would prevent multiplayer due to different versions or [Reasons].
    Or even just be able to add anything really. It's one thing to be able to modify, it's another to be able to create from scratch.

Joffez and Lunaea like this.
  7. Torrle

Torrle Astral Cartographer

Ahh, poor Donament. He got Glitch'd!

8. Alternatus

Alternatus Void-Bound Voyager

May she rest in pieces...

9. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

You can also use Paint.NET, as Gene said, it's easy to find and a freeware, also very easy to edit pixels.

10. LaggingRed

LaggingRed Master Chief

You don't need to constantly update, mollygos, but news from you relieves my heart no matter what kind :)

11. SkyAndKyra

SkyAndKyra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

12. Toasty

Toasty Industrial Terraformer

While I can't complain about a more content packed weekly update...

I'm still going to sit in the corner of my room, foaming at the mouth while shaking rather violently until the next update comes out.

Joffez likes this.
  13. Feyora

Feyora Tentacle Wrangler

you know.. I can understand why silly features get worked on along side with important ones.. but getting rid of baconjim? Are you insane!? Baconjim deserved to be in the beta, I think starbound is less for its loss. I have half a mind to petition for the return of baconjim. Tsk, tsk.

14. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

She'll be back... I bet someone made a copy of her...

CandleKitty likes this.
  15. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

Ps4 will be at my doorstep tomorrow. Take all the time you need to prepare for beta

CandleKitty likes this.
  16. CandleKitty

CandleKitty Void-Bound Voyager

Every Friday updates? Seems fine, just playing other games while I build up enough excitement to out play my Gmod hrs! :DD

17. RaphaZord

RaphaZord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Come oonnn, give us beta! :DDD

leave to balance game things in the beta! :D

18. Emerald371

Emerald371 Orbital Explorer

Wow the beta is slowly creeping up on us. Shouldn't be long now! Now I just wish they would allow for more in depth character creation because I just finished a custom sprite for my
    <---- usual avatar! Please make some way for me to use this in game!!!! haha

19. Tolisk

Tolisk Big Damn Hero

Might be beta tomorrow, slide it in with the Friday update.

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I doubt we'd get it at such short notice.

Lunaea and ImmortalFrog like this.