1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find out about this game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OneOnlyDan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

A lot of people finds out about this game every day, but how did YOU find it? I found it by looking at Terraria videos and among the recommended videos there was a review (a small look on what information was avabible at the time) of Starbound by Alpacapatrol, so I had a look. I had already heard about Edge of Space at that point, so I wondered what it was. I instantly fell in love with what I saw. And this was while there still were almost no gameplay of the game more than the Demo videos made by Tiy. This was back in February this year.

Feel free to write how you found out about it. Remember, the reason you find this post here is for people to discuss about this topic.

If there ever was a post like this before and this is seen as a repost, then tell me and I can remove it.

whatsup747 and Musicalbears like this.
  2. Bandethor

Bandethor Pangalactic Porcupine

i cant honestly remember I'm pretty sure i seen a video on youtube about a game and mentioned starbound

Bars likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I was aware of Terraria at the time, so I suspect I read the inevitable comparison in the gaming media somewhere.

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i remember seeing tiy doing concept art back when he was working on terraria (around the time he 1st joined the team)
    avencaly he sead it was an accal game and thats how i found out

early anought to remember this being a Q3 2012 relese anyways lol

Musicalbears likes this.
  5. Musicalbears

Musicalbears Big Damn Hero

My room mate actually told me about it way back when it was first announced that it was going to be a thing. I forget how he found about it.

I've been patiently (kinda) waiting since!

6. I saw an article a whiiiiiiiiileeeeeee ago about a game similar to Terraria, I checked it out, it had this image in the article.
    [​IMG]
    Pulse rifles? Alien cameos?
    Sold.
    :D

Rekalty, Serenity, OneOnlyDan and 2 others like this.
  7. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back in August of 2012 I came across a article in a PC Power Play magazine about it and it had me hooked.

8. Athauxan

Athauxan Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't quite remember actually. I think I was checking up on Terraria news a while back and heard some of the devs were working on Starbound.

9. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

I found out in late 2012. I listened to some music and I was going to check the site, but I forgot. About a month later, I remembered when I saw some terraria news.

10. Dynamicus

Dynamicus Space Penguin Leader

I loved Terraria at the time I found out, the article Steam showed me sold me.

11. OneOnlyDan

You mean the one released when the Biome Diversity Demo was released? That Demo was awesome! :chucklefish:

12. Von Marlon

Von Marlon Pangalactic Porcupine

13. OneOnlyDan

14. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

My memory is fuzzy, but I think I was looking up terreria after they said there would be no more updates.

Bumber likes this.
  15. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Pretty sure this topic has been done before, yet the former thread has faded into the obscure haunted place that no one visits called "beyond page 1" - can't seem to find it/dare venture there to check.

As for how I discovered Starbound, the exact same article TvK mentions, those screenshots just got me hooked and there was no escaping it.

Serenity likes this.
  16. SkyAndKyra

SkyAndKyra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Friend got me a pre-order :3

17. Goodsy

Goodsy Big Damn Hero

Found out about Starbound on Terraria forums shortly after Red announced that he was going to start working on the 1.2 update. Q1 2013.

Bughunter likes this.
  18. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I found out when Red said he wasn't going to work on Terraria anymore.

19. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

A random mention on another game forum I frequent. One of the 'which games are you looking forward to' threads that often appear in off-topic discussions.

20. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I don't exactly remember now, but it was in early December I know. I'm pretty sure I discovered it from the suggested videos bar on Youtube while checking out Terraria stuff.

OneOnlyDan likes this.