1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Always happens when I pick up an orange item (Thallium, ATK Missile MK. 2, etc.) as the Miner in multiplayer. I can't move nor write, and when I try to quit the game, the client just freezes.

Code:
    ERROR in
    action number 10
    of Draw Event
    for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 107:

if inside_view(x,y)=0 && dead=false
                                        ^
    at position 35: Unknown variable dead

• warlocked200

warlocked200 Starship Captain

Medkit still heals enforcer when the attack is blocked.
      Don't know if it is a bug or intentionally left in though. I like it.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

-I noticed the bighorn bison can't be hit by the sniper if it's one block below him. Other characters with ranged attacks would still be able to hit it. This also applies to for instance guardian robots.

-HAN-D only triggers Brilliant Behemoth with healing drones.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
        • Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Ancient Scepter doesn't always update your 4th ability icon. (it's the first time it has ever happened tho)

screenshot154.png

In my previous bug report : Invisible character + infinite error loop I wasn't sure about what caused the bug, I mentioned it must be related to the HUD. I'm now sure of it, it is.
          The item grid can hold up to 72 different items. I had 71, picked up a Hyper-Threader, my character disappeared, I'm now moving pixel by pixel and the error is being written indefinitely in the log.

screenshot156.png

Code:
          ERROR in
          action number 8
          of Draw Event
          for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 20:

draw_sprite_ext(oInit.player[1,2].item[i-1,0],0,view_xview+8+(((i)-(j*18))*24)+(k*168),view_yview+view_hview-64+(j*24),1,1,0,c_white,0.6)
                                                  ^
          at position 40: Unknown variable item or array index out of bounds

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
          • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

got an error in MP (10 player in game)

ERROR in
            action number 1
            of End Step Event
            for object oHUD :

Error in code at line 30:

if round(hpLast)!=round(oInit.player[i+1,2].hp) && hpRecedeTimer=-1
            ^
            at position 39: Unknown variable player or array index out of bounds

• Akashenen

Akashenen Void-Bound Voyager

- In MP, when a player has the Hit List, marks appear on different monsters for each player, but the only mark that counts is the one that appears to player that has the item

- In MP, when dead players have Time Keeper's Secret, it triggers when its cooldown goes off, maybe due to their life being 0? haha :V

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Eviscerate does not work on worms, he vanishes but no damage is done.

• bluUnix

bluUnix Master Chief

Not sure if this is a bug, but most enemies will not do anything to hit a player which is slightly too high up on a rope/ladder. This + Tesla Coil can be abused to kill things like bosses without having to move at all, and without taking any damage. It seems the only thing that can damage player while they are climbing are fired shots. Just thought it might need to be looked at.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

thats because they are ground type. they wont just jump to try and hit you. dont worry there are jellyfish and evolve lemurian that can hurt you when you're on ropes/ladders

• PixelScum

PixelScum Orbital Explorer

Using an ampersand (&) in chat causes everyone in a game to crash (in this case it was D&D.) both in lobby and out.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

There is no achievement in the achievements page for "Survive longer than 1 minute in lava", despite there being an unlock triggered by this event.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Thanks for the consolidation, it is very helpful

RedWiz, Vizjun, Stovepipes and 2 others like this.
                          • PixelScum

Oh yeah, I forgot an important one. This may or may not be deliberate; but Acrid's highest damage calculations are ridiculously off. Like I can't see how it'd be possible to get something like 8k on a single hit with Acrid.

• AbeX300

AbeX300 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Unstable Watch has two odd bugs for when you collect enough Rapid Mitosis that the cooldown is shorter than the duration (requirement is lessened with at least 4 Beating Embryos), and one of which I'm not even sure if it's intended.

#1) When you activate Unstable Watch before the duration ends, the duration extends on top of the normal duration. For example, if the cooldown is at 5 seconds, then you use it when you have 2 seconds left on the duration, the duration becomes 9 seconds instead of the usual 7, and it keeps stacking.

#2) When beating the game with enough Unstable Watch stacks, the time-stop will actually still keep going (accompanied by the ticking sound), beyond the ending, beyond the credits, beyond the main menu, and you can even keep the effect on the next run. In theory, this would actually allow you to finish Commando's second achievement without any trouble, if the duration is long enough.

Also, two (probably old but not listed) bugs regarding with just the item itself, the ticking sound will not stop when in the pause menu, and if going against Wandering Vagrants, if they remain alive by the end of the duration, they will immediately fire piles of orbs, and all of them come straight at you at the same time (you can still avoid them normally).

• Dennis

Dennis Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm afraid the list of reported bugs is not being updated by the OP.

edit: checked it again and I think he is, just with different wording. Sorry.

Was the interaction between Acrid's Epidemic and the Providence Wurms reported yet? The infection keeps spreading to every section of their bodies, dropping my framerate to the single digits

• bluUnix

bluUnix Master Chief

The reason i brought this up was because I found it silly that if I got Tesla Coil and sat on a ladder, then I beat bosses, like Imp Overlord and Providence, without taking any damage, simply because they cannot attack a player on a ladder. I was just thinking there should probably be something in there where bosses have some attack that will still hit a player and prevent them from exploiting(?) something like that. If you guys decided to leave it then that's your choice. There aren't always enemies like the jellyfish and lemurian around to hit players, which is why I just thought I'd bring it up.

• PixelScum

Pretty much the only bosses that're screwed that way are the ~special lemurian boss~ and collosus, both imp overlord and providence can attack in the air, and there's no way to be on a ladder higher than providence can jump slash anyway since he literally teleports.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

In general if the Unstable Watch is active after you "leave the planet", the ticking sound continues through the ending cutscene, credits, and back to the main menu.

Also, the arrow pointing towards remaining enemies and the teleporter can be covered by various items' icons (the one that made me notice was Guardian's Heart)

And that other bug still exists, where if a flame drone dies, 2 spawn in its place, allowing you to theoretically have infinite flame drones with enough money.

Occasionally the proper layout for the Miner unlock will spawn and the boss guarding him won't be there, making it impossible to unlock him. This happened in MP so I don't know whether it's a MP bug or not.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
                                      • Dennis

Dennis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Brilliant Behemoth doesn't work on Mercenary's basic attack.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

RANDOMLY will lose ALL SOUND, and have to reset my pc in order to get all sounds back but, somehow, when I lose sound my pcs boot priority changes to my cd drive instead of my hdd. VERY strange.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.