11th November Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 12, 2013.

1. WickedWitch

WickedWitch Big Damn Hero

Just wishful thinking, I guess.

2. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

3. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

Oh.
    I'm hoping for late this month, but I think beta will turn out to be a christmas present.

lpp911 likes this.
  4. fredmay20

yeah.. im afraid so :/

5. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Personally, I would be fine if the daily update was simply "The beta isn't starting yet" as that is the main reason I check every day for an update...

RynCage and fredmay20 like this.
  6. fredmay20

you hit me right in the right spot.... got me clearly thinking now.... why the heck do I check every day? BECAUSE I CARE!!

7. Tolisk

Tolisk Big Damn Hero

All this pent up beta, its getting on peoples computers.

Naddox likes this.
  8. fredmay20

or... computer brains... I bet there sick of it too you know. COMPUTERS HAVE FEELINGS!

9. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah that would be welcome. I don't mean to **** all over the artists effort either but common, if Kainfury can make the dinosaur-rabbit look way better in 2 minutes... really what's the excuse.

10. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah I acknowledge your point, it's good to point out that it might not actually be final, not that they've said anything about it being temporary. I do know from real life experience that sometimes these placeholders become permanent :)

11. fredmay20

Hey watch it, were not here to criticize but to discuss right? be friendly :)

12. redinator2000

redinator2000 Void-Bound Voyager

dude thats cool did you use some softwhere to cut the image out or did you did that manually?

looks good :rainbow:

13. fredmay20

haha, software xP

14. numanair

numanair Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be rad if the tree's roots stuck out of the ground underneath those blocks.

15. kainfury

kainfury Orbital Explorer

I do hope these are placeholders. A hint would be about the colour: green or pink is often a placeholder colour, so that could explain it.

In the pic below, it seems like the same thing: the Walking Dinosaur on the left has bright, too-vivid colors. It could be placeholders as well.On the right is how I would see it complete.[​IMG]

16. fredmay20

Where did you find that? I find that very interesting! I don't like the pink and green one... but the other colors match the scene perfectly!. This is the kind of art I like :)

Undead likes this.
  17. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

I use Paint.Net. It's pretty good at editing pixel graphics.

18. kainfury

I did it.
    I just toned down the colors (desaturate) and made a few variations, plus added some basic shading.

19. fredmay20

There is a prime example of how to change the colors if you don't like them! thanks. btw, what program did you use?

20. kainfury

Photoshop.
    But there is a free software specialized in pixel art…. I can't remember the name though.