1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akashenen

Akashenen Void-Bound Voyager

Locking the computer or putting it to sleep causes the game to close. Made me lose a couple of good runs. Don't know if it happens to anyone else.

I'm running on a notebook, Windows 8 on Steam

Edit: Sorry, only sleeping does this, locking does nothing

• Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I really wish they will remove this "feature", because every time I close my laptop it goes to sleep and the game closes!

Akashenen likes this.
      • kamekpwns

kamekpwns Orbital Explorer

Well I opened up RoR to play today and got an error message. The game then proceeded to have no sound.

Attached Files:

• P.Alex

P.Alex Industrial Terraformer

Had a MP game end while my Time Keeper's Secret triggered and then the sound persisted all the way to the main menu.

• Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Sniper Bug:
            The "Reload" bar doesn't disappear after your death. Instead it stays where you took your last hit and keeps moving.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
            • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

when i got the happiest mask, my char turn invisible and i cant move :( there goes my awesome run:cry::notworthy:
              and i got this error

ERROR in
              action number 8
              of Draw Event
              for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 20:

draw_sprite_ext(oInit.player[1,2].item[i-1,0],0,view_xview+8+(((i)-(j*18))*24)+(k*168),view_yview+view_hview-64+(j*24),1,1,0,c_white,0.6)
              ^
              at position 40: Unknown variable item or array index out of bounds

• Dehlak

Dehlak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

- In MP, Acrid's sludge ability causes enemies' health bars to seemingly deplete fully, but they'd still be alive. Once you hit them with the another ability, their health jumps back up to what it's supposedly intended to be.
                - Now combine that MP bug with Meat Nugget versus many high health enemies (making it to a really high difficulty with more than 2 people), and you'll get endless massive "meat-splosions" as the affected enemies' health bars are seemingly depleted and as they continue getting hit while their health bars are seemingly depleted. This causes massive FPS lag until it's too much for the clients and host to handle (0 FPS), which causes the host to disconnect after a few seconds and those who joined to go back to the main menu with an error saying that the host has disconnected or that they've been disconnected from the host (provided they didn't crash or close RoR). Need confirmation on possible crashes as soon as/after this occurs.

- If time freezes as Ifrit is moving, he will just slide to the direction he was moving in as time is still frozen. He may even ignore lack of terrain as he continues sliding on air. If he's still sliding on air as the time freeze ends, he will stop sliding and remain stuck in the air; unable to move.
                2013-11-09_00002.jpg

- If you click while the opening cut scene is playing/looping the alarm sound, the alarm will loop forever in-menu and in-game until you restart the game and skip the cut scene at the appropriate time.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

This has been a bug for a while. Locking still closes the game, by the way, but not immediately. If you only lock the computer very briefly, you'll still be able to play it, but the game might briefly freeze.

Akashenen likes this.
                  • needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1648469.png
                    Collectively report 100 bugs post-release.

Archalieus and Alucard I like this.
                    • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Speaking of which, just how many did we report before that :V

• hextorHD

hextorHD Big Damn Hero

if you have some ghost spowned by the happiest mask u cant unlock the archivement to have 0 monster to kill at the end of 90\120 sec to activate the teleporter (sorry for bad english)

• Akashenen

Akashenen Void-Bound Voyager

They should change ghosts to stop being treated as monsters for this and for the remaining enemies arrow. It shouldn't be so complicated, just a if clause should do it. This bug has been hanging around for a while and is very annoying :(

hextorHD likes this.
                          • crispy_riw

crispy_riw Space Spelunker

• Sometimes there is no sound at all.
                            • The game says that I have this bug:
                            • ERROR in
                              action number 5
                              of Create Event
                              for object oInit:

Error defining an external function.

• needsomemiracle

The first post of this thread has got you covered, try clicking a link and following the steps.

• Jone991

Jone991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On last level my fps drops from 60 to 2-5 fps when there is more than 10 enemies. I dont think that it is normal :S

• warlocked200

warlocked200 Starship Captain

On the item log the Mercenary "Eviscerate 50 enemies" the item shadow appears before unlocking it instead of a lock.

• needsomemiracle

In Magma Barracks, there's a thin half-transparent yellow-ish coat just above the ground in the lower section. Is this supposed to be there?
                                    I think that it's actually just a part of the magma sprite, because said section is fairly low and could be on magma-surface-level, but because there's ground and not lava, the actual lava is absent and you see just the "hot air" above it.

2013-11-10_00002.jpg 2013-11-10_00003.jpg

• ciawal

ciawal Yeah, You!

Game still responds to cursor movement when not in focus.

If I pause the game during play (bringing up the pause menu with Resume/Options/etc.) then alt tab to another window, I can hear the sound triggered by the cursor hovering over the menu items, even though the window is in the background. This is unfortunately very annoying when I want to pause the game and leave my progress in the background, as the sound will constantly play while I’m using the mouse.

Bonus related request: it would be great if the game (in single-player mode) would auto pause when focus is lost, and resume when focus is restored (i.e. no pause menu displayed).

Edit: actually I’m going to throw something else in here too: it’s kind of ridiculous that we can’t copy/paste IPs when trying to host/join a multiplayer session. And to make matters worse, when I was typing one in and alt-tabbed to check the rest of the IP, the tab press (I think) cleared the field, so I am forced to memorise the entire thing and type it all in one go.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
                                      • needsomemiracle

I can attest to that, if only to confirm that it's not just one machine.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I think pretty much everyone can. I've noticed this on at least 4 pcs already.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.