1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have three monitors and even when I turn off surround it still tries to make the window too wide, I cant even play it covers up the gui.

hextorHD likes this.
    • hextorHD

hextorHD Big Damn Hero

some error in multiplayer

Attached Files:

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A bit of an ethereal wall on the temple level. This is as far as you can walk, the main wall still doesn't let you out.

2013-11-10_00005.jpg

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

i think this is a bug with the weapon chests thing.
          if i open the chests first it wont drop anything. but if i get the gauss? cannon to the boss area first and open the chests, then it will give out items

Attached Files:

• needsomemiracle

I encountered empty flat chests too, but I haven't noticed any correlation between them and whether or not I activated the cannon. It looked like random chance of having or not having an item.

• crystalpigz

crystalpigz Lucky Number 13

That's not a bug. Look for another way in. There's an entrance in there from up top.

• Ch1nGFuX

Ch1nGFuX Starship Captain

1. Tiny Imps and items can spawn and get stuck in walls
                [​IMG]

2. You can obtain use items you have not unlocked through the use item chest at the final boss chamber.

• Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

Did you get the Use Item chest in the final room? I remember I got the Captains Brooch from that without unlocking it...

• P.Alex

P.Alex Industrial Terraformer

Ending messages are getting mixed up in Multiplayer. Just had a round with Han-D, Acrid and Huntress. I as Han-D got Huntress' message while Acrid got mine.

• needsomemiracle

Ah, that must be the case. Looks like it, yeah.

• PKnuckles

PKnuckles Space Hobo

I just bought Risk of Rain yesterday and thought it was really cool. Now the game is crashing my computer within 5-15 minutes of starting the game up. I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem before, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help! Also, the computer itself is pretty good, I've checked the specs and it should accommodate for them easily. Someone suggested it might be overheating, but I took a look inside and the fans are running smoothly, it all looks cleans etc, and it's in a cold basement. Very frustrating!

• Shimizu

Shimizu Orbital Explorer

-Bandit : The achievement killing a boss with the ''Lights out'' skill doesn't seem to work.

I unlocked this without any problems.

• Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Haven't tried to do it with a vagrant but killing a magma worm will not unlock it.

• needsomemiracle

I can confirm that the font gets messed up in both windowed and fullscreen modes.

• LeRazor

LeRazor Intergalactic Tourist

Save got randomly deleted, backed up my save_backup.ini any way to restore it ? :I

• Skillkill107

Skillkill107 Poptop Tamer

Caught a nasty bug with Acrid where he can't damage Magma Worm with any of his on poison skills and it can dispel them, despite the fact he can damage every other boss with it.

• needsomemiracle

Woo, my first error logs! Two in one run!
                                    The first one happened on the snow level. I was climbing the right side when two bulls spawned on me. I think it was after one of them tackled me that Han-D kind of froze in place and wasn't responding to any controls. After a brief second everything went back to normal, and an error message appeared in the top left corner.

2013-11-10_00001.jpg
                                    Code:
                                    Time:22:0:10

ERROR in
                                    action number 2
                                    of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                                    for object oGolemS:

In script alarm_ai_default:
                                    In script teleport_nearby:
                                    Error in code at line 10:

rety=tff.y+sprite_get_yoffset(argument0.sprite_index)-sprite_get_height(argument0.sprite_index)
                                                                                      ^
                                    at position 50: Unknown variable sprite_index
                                    The second one happened on the ship level. I activated one of the cargo bay doors and mobs started spawning, and at some point I saw the error log message (see screenshot). It didn't get in my way or hinder me, and I didn't notice anything unusual. Maybe a tad too much elder lemurians and a couple of Scavengers spawning on a very narrow ledge in the lower part of the screenshot, but I might be just seeing things.

2013-11-10_00010.jpg
                                    Code:
                                    Time:22:38:50

ERROR in
                                    action number 2
                                    of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                                    for object oClay:

In script alarm_ai_default:
                                    In script teleport_nearby:
                                    Error in code at line 10:
                                            rety=tff.y+sprite_get_yoffset(argument0.sprite_index)-sprite_get_height(argument0.sprite_index)
                                                                                      ^
                                    at position 50: Unknown variable sprite_index

• DuGringo

DuGringo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the UNLOCKED is mixed with STAY ALIVE on the background X)

• needsomemiracle

@DuGringo No-no, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the distorted and hardly-readable letters. The caps aren't the worst.

• Cowey42

Cowey42 Void-Bound Voyager

Two bugs:
                                          I received the achievement for killing 20 lemurians in one run after killing a parent
                                          The Unstable Watch doesn't appear to affect Providence's Wurm things. The blue one's bullets are frozen by it, but they both move and the red one can still shoot lasers.