1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Crai

Crai Master Chief

Placing a Carrara Marble gate outside of the final boss room before starting him, then reactivating the item after the boss has been started allows you to exit the boss room and can in some cases be used avoid all damage during the fight / make you unable to hurt the boss.

• Fironial

Fironial Intergalactic Tourist

I have an issue where my game freezes whenever the host returns to lobby after we die in online co-op. The log repeats the same message 40 times or so:

Time:17:5:35

ERROR in
      action number 1
      of Draw Event
      for object oEfPlayerDead:

Error in code at line 20:

if following = 1 && instance_exists(oInit.player[1,2].following_player)
      ^
      at position 56: Unknown variable following_player

• crystalpigz

crystalpigz Lucky Number 13

The audio bug was fixed in my case, after I did the reinstallation procedure outlined in the fixes thread, but it came back after a while. Surely something must be up in that case.

• Placebo334

Placebo334 Space Hobo

If you're playing bandit and you lure the final boss up to one of the top two platforms, then stealth and run to the other platform he just stands there and lets you shoot him to death.

• Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

I am getting an error on load-up, which I suspect has something to do with the lack of sound. Unfortunately the error only blinks momentarily before fading away.

• NuclearPicklenomaly

NuclearPicklenomaly Phantasmal Quasar

I noticed when using Enforcer that when I use Crowd control on a smaller enemy near the Colossus, the area of effect stun doesn't seem to work. Other people getting this problem too? I'm also not sure if this is happening with other bosses. I'll test this and edit my comment :p

• bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

not saving my progress either. not much point in playing till thats fixed

• Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

Strange, I got that achievement with the first boss I killed, maybe it was because of some on-hit item that did the last damage?

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Shops can spawn on top of each other partially or completely. In both cases when I activated it, I got the item farthest to background: warbanner and the root respectively.

2013-11-09_00003 (2).jpg 2013-11-09_00004.jpg

• nish

nish Subatomic Cosmonaut

well, as posted, add on damage items don't work for clients in multilayer (crowbar, dagger, plasma chains) and cause enemies to go negative hp for the client
                      but Acrids' Dot's don't seem to doing anything either, the damage is done on the client but not on the server, also the slow appears to work on the client but when you attack the enemies they jump to where they would be if they hadn't been slowed and 'heal' what damage the sludge had done no the clients end.

kinda sorta super game breaking for multiplayer

• needsomemiracle

Engi's turrets ingore tiny imps. Intentional?

• Shwez

Shwez Aquatic Astronaut

Drown 20 Whorls might be a bug, or I just don't know what to do with them.

• Block_

Block_ Aquatic Astronaut

I'm also experiencing both of these bugs. I've tried reinstalling visual C++ stuffs to fix the sound bug, it did nothing.

• needsomemiracle

Is the "unlocked" font supposed to be that way?

2013-11-10_00002.jpg

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

That's bad interaction with resolutions that aren't a 16:9 aspect ratio. It does similar things on a 1280x1024 monitor.

silver593 likes this.
                                • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Not a bug. You just haven't figured out what to do. I am one of the less than 0.1% on steam with that achievement :p

The item it unlocks is PRICELESS.
                                  [​IMG]

needsomemiracle likes this.
                                  • Shwez

Shwez Aquatic Astronaut

@Rawrquaza
                                    Thank you... your screenshot just gave me the hint. :D

Rawrquaza likes this.
                                    • RainingBeaver

RainingBeaver Intergalactic Tourist

What is supposed to be unlocked when you beat the game? I got the enforcer, Han-D, and the sniper, is that all?

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

The only thing you're guaranteed to unlock upon beating the game is the sniper. You get the enforcer by facing 3 specific bosses and beating them, and HAN-D by finding him.

• needsomemiracle

Thank you, my good man!

On topic: monster logs can still drop in inaccessible areas. This happened when a magma worm jumped on me from below. The mines I was standing on killed him, but the log can't be picked up. Tried walking/standing/jumping.

2013-11-10_00004.jpg