Race Meet the Parfelians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The problem with ejector seats is that it assumes that the parfelian is unhurt/alive in a way, which renders the feeling of 'loss' kind of lost in the process. However, I believe there are many many ways to keep the mental loss from being removed while keeping the nifty ejector seats.

Though I believe the real problem here would be the fact that the parfelians would be customizable [color-wise], making ejected seats [assuming you will see the parfelian in the ejected seat] require to determine what this variation would be. In other words, upon reincarnation, we might have to see the parfelian [which is a customization factor] during the reincarnation process, which may or may not be troublesome as compared to the rest of the current reincarnations [character customization factors of most races aren't visible until the end of the reincarnation].

EDIT: Except for the human. Their underwear shows up in the middle of the process, which is a customization factor. Which means it really could be a possibility. Perhaps it is not a problem after all.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/meet-the-parfelians.12580/page-9#post-557878

We've discussed a bit of Reincarnation Through Science in this page. Feel free to take the ideas already noted into consideration for improvements/suggestions.

2. Jnse

Jnse Void-Bound Voyager

I WANT this !

3. Cramdawg

Cramdawg Sandwich Man

tiny kitties in robot suits with a legitimate believable backstory
    yes :catface2:

4. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

Mother of god this is....my brain fried.

5. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Subatomic Cosmonaut

my only suggestion would be for the sprites: maybe bigger heads and smaller bodies, to be able to get more details on the cat pilot.

also, i'm surprised novakids made it in before these guys

6. Magma Claw

Magma Claw Existential Complex

i watched that anime just for u xD plastic nee san

7. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

I like that "View on other races" sort of thing, I think I'll include that in mine, it seems pretty fun :)

Jonesy likes this.
  8. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

You know, I was hesitant on this race before but looking at it now. I think this could actually work, it would satisfy people's desire for a cat race while keeping the interesting twist Starbound applies to most of its races. You have my support. :up:

9. chucklesthesquirrel

chucklesthesquirrel Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crap this is AWESOME! Chucklefish NEEDS to put this in the game! meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow!

10. Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

It's going to be a mod. Chucklefish are already putting in the author's other race, the "Novakids"

11. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Actually, that was Bietol's. Suika only inspired that race.

12. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

yeah, and funnily enough, both have chucked a few jokes about copying already :p ill be damned if i can remember them tho :(

13. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah,of course,cats why the heck not...

14. AtlasShrugged

AtlasShrugged Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loved the subtle nods to assassins creed in the clothing design! Great post!

15. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

I'm don't really think those are nods to Assassin's Creed.
    I'm pretty sure the coats just look similar.

16. Kwayne

Kwayne Subatomic Cosmonaut

So far I didn't think I could like a cat race in Starbound, but I find this one quite original and tolerable.

17. AtlasShrugged

AtlasShrugged Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would agree if it weren't for the fact the first two tiny cat drivers are wearing the beaked hoods so symbolic of Assassin's Creed.

18. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Not sure where you're looking but nobody is wearing hoods here. You're grasping at straws to relate this to Assassin's Creed.

19. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

OOOHHH
    The cats piloting the mechs are wearing the hoods!
    Yeah okay... That makes more sense now.

20. Xenalith

Xenalith Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why hasn't this race been put in the game yet?
    Chucklefish pls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.