1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noclafyrG

noclafyrG Void-Bound Voyager

You are right, a private company has the right to keep that info under wraps, but Ozzy didn't say they need to divulge the info, just that they had to put up with the shit, and yes, when you run a business, you do have to put up with it.
    Simple fact of the business world, the customer shits on you. Not all of them, not even most of them, but some will, and you just smile and take it. You don't have to give in, you don't have to do what they want, but when you get mad and start slinging insults, thats when you start losing customers.

LeifGram, PlayMp1, RynCage and 3 others like this.
  2. Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"The customer is always right." -- Harry Selfridge

Therevan789 likes this.
  3. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

Now its that kind of hairbrained scheming that I like to see. Thank you.

Wulpher and Musicalbears like this.
  4. Fyreflyte

Fyreflyte Pangalactic Porcupine

That's a highly loaded statement, and I've actually seen managers ask that in interviews ("Is the customer always right?") The answer they're looking for is "No". Because the customer is most definitely not always right.

Farathil and totallybob like this.
  5. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Don't blame employers of franchises (average folk like you) for mistaking a phrase that is not meant to be taken at face value. The customer is not always right. The customer should always be treated as a customer, as a guest, and as a friend. That's what it means.

6. Fyreflyte

Fyreflyte Pangalactic Porcupine

They weren't mistaking it. They were checking to see if potential employees took it at face value. I understand the meaning behind it, but it's often used in absolute terms - in fact I see that concept thrown around on these forums quite frequently.

7. OzzytheFist

I just saw you use it incorrectly, and take it at face value.

8. Musicalbears

Musicalbears Big Damn Hero

Correct term: The customer can be highly annoying, but we still like their money. Make them happy.

Also, as a note. I would not like to shift the blame back on idiots being idiots. Not the company for making a thing. As a society we need to stop making excuses for people. He who is in the wrong is there because he put himself there.

Farathil, misho, Skarn and 2 others like this.
  9. Sick Boy

Sick Boy Astral Cartographer

to get your money back, send a dev a message, also, you won't get your money twice, why would they pay you more than you paid just because you're impatient? lol

ps: 3 months in Africa to earn 15 dollars? damn there's better ways to make 15$

10. Alxetora

Alxetora Phantasmal Quasar

The Birdicus tribe of Querplon-VII Zeta shall wait as long as it takes for their existence to become reality. My pals and I are psyched for the beta, and we think you guys are already doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great work! :up:

11. CakeBones

CakeBones Guest

"Did you cover your parrot's cage?"
    "No."
    "Well do that and give your Birdicus goodnight."
    Comedy gold.

12. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

A really good sub sandwich with drink is going to cost you $10. You will get it immediately and it will be good for a short while.
    Starbound costs you $15. You'll have to wait for an indefinite amount of time and it will be good for, what like 100 hours minimum?

Moral of the story is: this game isn't all that expensive. Everyone just needs to chill, play some F2P games if you're on a money crunch, and your game will soon arrive. Trust the devs or get a refund.

13. Komoteru_Chan

Komoteru_Chan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll have to get started on my base plans and make sure I have enough time in the day to sink into this.

14. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

You are not the first person in a 100+ thread to suggest this. Just a heads up: People do that anyway. They also keep an eye on something they pre-ordered. If they see it is being handled in a way they disagree with? They criticize whats wrong, or point it out hoping the developers change it. It doesn't matter if it cost 15dollars or 5cents, they still purchased something they haven't fully received. Ultimately, if they disagree with it enough they will ask for a refund true. The smarter thing to do is simply let the developers know whats wrong first and give them a chance to correct it. Unless people do, they will keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Pingeh likes this.
  15. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I read this in Dale's voice.

sammanzhi and totallybob like this.
  16. OzzytheFist

I'm confused as to what you mean. Are you saying that Chucklefish avoids all blame because idiots as individuals don't make up the company?

17. Soulcrifice

Soulcrifice Big Damn Hero

3 months for $15, wonder how long it took for the stable internet and the pc.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  18. Lycaon

Lycaon Big Damn Hero

Sorry, but are u acting dumb on purpose or is it sarcasm? If someone works hard for his/her money, especially in poor countries (you don't know his/her motivation to work there), it is somehow understandable not to "waste" it. But people nowadays don't know the worth of money.. especially kids who get it from their parents.

19. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

It was most definitely sarcasm. Chill dude, the internet isn't so hostile that you have to get offended and argue at everything. Sit back, look at all the wonderful thoughts and opinions, and silently judge them, because thats the safe choice.

RynCage and PSS like this.
  20. OzzytheFist

Sorry, but are you acting like an idiot on purpose?

RynCage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.