1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread Risk of Rain 1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vizjun, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

in the 3rd level:
    when you inspect the crate and Acrid spawns, if you use the Ghost Jar, you unlock Acrid when the ghost dies/despawns.

• Not sure if spoiler or bug..

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

it really lags in the final level. i hope the devs would do something about it :cry:

Fox0427 likes this.
        • Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Formated first post, hope it will make it easier for Hopoo. :DD

Pastuleio and Venom like this.
          • Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

put it in a spoiler tag just in case someone views this thread and doesn't want to know about these things :unsure:

• Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Good to hear! I was just about to comment about how I just beat the game with the EF and tested the saving issue again.
              Still managed to keep everything I found/unlocked so far. I hope people in the future will also use your method to resolve this issue.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Activating the teleporter in the Damp Caverns BREAKS ALL health shrines.

• Hueynuttyteeth

Hueynuttyteeth Big Damn Hero

Exact Same Problem here, But for me, I just bought it today well, friend gifted a copy. But the game has no sound. It kind of bumming. Playable, Just... nothing to hear.

I have a the Error Report in the Spoiler.

Time:16:51:54

ERROR in
                  action number 5
                  of Create Event
                  for object oInit:

Error defining an external function.

Time:16:52:33

ERROR in
                  action number 5
                  of Create Event
                  for object oInit:

Time:16:53:59

ERROR in
                  action number 5
                  of Create Event
                  for object oInit:

Time:17:45:40

ERROR in
                  action number 5
                  of Create Event
                  for object oInit:

Time:17:55:56

ERROR in
                  action number 5
                  of Create Event
                  for object oInit:

• I deleted my backup save.ini and it didnt change anything. Still isn't saving my progress.

• Venom

That's incredibly strange. I guess the only person who can help you at this point would be hopoo himself since I don't know
                      much about what could trigger this. The only clue we had was doing what Vizjun said.

I hope this will soon be fixed considering how major this problem is.

• Masterrulax

Masterrulax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everything is working for me
                        BUT them Fps drops.. if i have 10+ enemies on screen it goes to 51
                        My specs are
                        GTX 660 2gb
                        8Gb RAM
                        AMD FX 6100 3.8 ghz 6 cores
                        I updated Redist , restarted pc, reinstalled it... idk what it is =[[[[[[[[

• Venom

I know he's very busy at the moment but maybe try starting a conversation with hopoo explaining your situation?
                          He told me he's very busy at the moment and everything is pretty hectic but you could give it a shot.

Masterrulax likes this.
                          • Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Delete both Save.ini and Save_backup.ini, start a new game and die once, exit the game, restart it, and check if it recorded your death as commando. That's what I did before figuring out that my Save_backup.ini was the issue.

Venom likes this.
                            • Do you have any programs running in the background that could be slowing down you pc? make sure to shut down anything you don't need running, I use game booster.

I'll give it a shot right now.

• Masterrulax

Masterrulax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ohhh i remember guys, if you have any Anti Virus active with real time scanning, disable it!! =D that was my problem!

Venom likes this.
                                • NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

at times i get some FPS drops (probably because im using a somewhat old PC)(can't use GB because for some reason it opens a crap load of programs and then it starts up the game)

and i also can't play anymore due to this game breaking error code:

steam access violation at address 0EE8D248 in module 'Steam_GM.dll'. Read of address 00000000.
                                  that pops up on startup

another issue is whenever i run it on steam it keeps going through the whole first time setup crap

• I knew it was something you had running in the background.

UPDATE:

Deleted Save.ini and save_backup.ini, started game and played for a minute then died.checked logs and it still does not save any progress. I'm going to uninstall it and reinstall the check for errors and give it one more shot.

• NuclearPicklenomaly

NuclearPicklenomaly Phantasmal Quasar

Mobs still seem to randomly stick to walls of any size when pushed there and/or walk into them.

Also with the Enforcer not being able to damage imps with his primary attack, i notice that leechy seed still recognizes it as a hit. So at least thats not bugged. :p

• NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

*adding on to my list of issues*
                                        online co-op does not work

with the little time i have before i get a game breaking error code i tried clicking on online co-op... and basically it just froze and remained frozen

EDIT: OK i have found a fix for the "whenever i run it it keeps doing the whole first time setup thing"
                                        (im using window XP so stay with me here)

first locate the usual steam common folder and locate Risk of Rain then go to the common redist folder THEN in both 2008 and 2010(that's what i see) rename the installscript.VDF to anything you want and it should stop being annoying
                                        SADLY still no fix on the "Steam access violation at address 0EE8D248 in module 'Steam_GM.dll'. Read of address 00000000."

EDIT part 2: ok i can get it to not force me out by deleting Steam_GM.dll
                                        but the screen has a flashy flashy texture mind melting issue and then told me this (stay with me again i cannot see symbols on XP)

ERROR in
                                        action number 1
                                        of End Step Event
                                        for object oInit:

In script sinBassStreamIsPlaying:
                                        Error in code at line 9:

return external_call(global.var_sin_bass_stream_is_playing,argument0);
                                        ^
                                        at position 30: Unknown variable var_sin_bass_stream_is_playing

STILL EXPERIMENTING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE... since im guessing others might have it

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
                                        • DeBunny

DeBunny Void-Bound Voyager

Curiously, since moving over to the Steam version, I too have acquired the nasty Save Devouring issue.
                                          Final beta was fine, but this time it can't seem to hold the save. I tried sliding over my Beta saves and that didn't help (Edit: okay, glancing at another thread, I guess this wasn't compatible anyway. Oh well).

Now, from doing a little monitoring of data sizes and such, what seems to happen is thus:
                                          Game starts up.
                                          Compares Save to Save_Backup.
                                          If Save > Save_Backup -> Overwrites _backup (Okay, that's fine.)
                                          Then it completely destroys Save, remakes it, continues starting, and forgets to actually pull anything out of Save_backup.

It starts good, then forgets how to read the Save file.
                                          And yes, I have tried various versions of deleting, adding, reinstalling things.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013