1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like how you shortened bullshit to 'bs', just to spell it out again.

2. MagusGestalt

MagusGestalt Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly I was hoping it would go beyond "People are pissed" and wander into, "Here is how to deal with being pissed." territory. Obviously that notion is severely outmatched here.

3. gotTodance

gotTodance Sandwich Man

ya its simply because im not used to english + added with rage.
    Those things happens.
    And i really wanna have my Money back, i support this 0% , i'm soooo sad (soooooooo) sad.
    I bought battlefield 4 some days ago and even the Server Crashes etc don't piss me as much off as this .

4. Wulpher

Eh, its all people care about. I tried doing this too, it was my first thread actually, and it was booming for a while. But it ended in flames. Well, a flame war actually. It all boils down to 'people are pissed' anyway. Its like, someone gets angry over not having a tangible product (the reason) and then someone tells them to shut up (trying to be a white knight) and then its all downhill from there.

Thats why cookies are important.

They are neutral.

5. gotTodance

gotTodance Sandwich Man

So whats with my Money now? i got linked to this Page and now?

E: and please remove the Donor from my Post..... really....

6. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

No, you don't. CF is a private company, no customer has the right to know how much they pay their employees.

Arch-Mage Zandor and Wulpher like this.
  7. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Well, see there is your problem.

This is all on Chucklefish. Not us "dealing" with anything. They have to do something, not the ones lodging the criticism of how they're handling it and noting how bad it is making them look. All we can do is point out the problems, as we have been doing the whole thread, and hope they change for the better.

If Chucklefish doesn't, well see the person posting upset right now who is likely to tell his friends to stay far away from them, after he takes his money back.

8. Wulpher

MegusGestalt, I hope you are watching, this is literally the beginning of what I was talking about.
    Someone shows up angry, another person reality checks them, then its all downhill.
    (DrPhibes I'm not knocking you, fight the good fight, brother.)

9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

10. Wulpher

11. gotTodance

gotTodance Sandwich Man

This isn't a refund request, this is i wan't something for my Money now ! (after waiting a half year) or give me my Money back (twice)
    E: Can u at least pm me where to write to get my Money back ( i worked 3 months in africa to earn the Money )

12. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Not really. Nothing against the rules about people explaining /why/ they want a refund because of beta.
    All beta discussion goes here.

That said, I would reconsider and give them until Jan 1st, gotTodance. At least see if they can get the beta out, you know? Give 'em a chance to make things right and all rather then jumping the gun before seeing how everything plays out. I can see why you are bothered, and you aren't alone. Thing is rushing to something isn't the best way to communicate that to them. I can understand if money is tight, or there are other issues. Just saying if not, don't condemn 'em just yet.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  13. MagusGestalt

MagusGestalt Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I am, and all I can see is that people are not keeping a close enough eye on their purse strings. Now I myself have been called a miserly old goon, but it is simply because I try to know what I am paying for before I decide to shell out my hard earned coin. And this situation isn't all on CF, though they do have a major role. Consumer protection goes only so far before the consumer must protect themselves. Sure it doesn't look great for the company, but that is their concern.

critiasConfined, Hazmat and Wulpher like this.
  14. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

Come on, it can't be that hard.

15. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

That isn't even what he was referring too.

Hazmat and OzzytheFist like this.
  16. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Do you always completely change the subject, or is that the only time you've seen Tiy act like a total asshat?

Hazmat and Pingeh like this.
  17. M67 Zippo

M67 Zippo Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a idea: perhaps CF could stop some of the whining by releasing an early tech demo for supporters above a certain level?

All supporters not just the kinfolk of the devs.

samufel likes this.
  18. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I think that would anger anyone below that level to be honest.

Plus, the game isn't ready.

19. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

I forgot you knew if the game were capable of semi-stable beta release.
    How's the game?

Pingeh likes this.
  20. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

Doing pretty good, actually. I'd estimate the beta will be out in 1-54 days. ;)

(As soon as the build becomes semi-stable in fact, if the specs for Stage 1 are any indication. )

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    Paco495 and Musicalbears like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.