[BBTS] Bronies Beyond the Stars V2.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's one way of looking at it.

Spirittis, ImmortalFrog and Gredd18 like this.
  2. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

IMO, It's the Only way of looking at it. Unless it's fun.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  3. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Learning IS a bitch.
    She's always shouting at you to get your stuff done when you want to play video games.And then she gets Angry if you ignore her.Even tough she came uninvited.
    And then if you DO spent time with her she doesn't care and just tells you to forget her.And she'll be back a week later

ImmortalFrog and Gredd18 like this.
  4. Gredd18

TBH, Everyone is saying learning is becoming shit, Teachers need to work harder, ETC.
    If you Want that, Pay them more, get them better Training, and Make smaller classes. Having a Big class makes it slower, as you could have half the class not understanding, and If you're like me and are absolute shit in one subject but good in lots, you are expected to do well in everything. It's a pain, and soon we're all gonna be Retards.

ImmortalFrog and creepwolf like this.
  5. I love my class this year. I'm doing a second year of the whole web-development thing, HND level and it's basically one teacher teaching us or rather not teaching us anything so I had to buy books and start studying on my own, that way I'll be able to learn much much more :p
    Just this year and I'll move into the Uni... finally.

Spirittis and ImmortalFrog like this.
  6. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Imagine what kind of good teachers we could have if People would invest Money in them instead of "Securing the internet".

7. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

If you do happen to go (and anyone else from BBTS), I can show you around what little bit I know. It's been three months since I was there, but I still remember the layout fairly vividly and show you a place to get a kickass breakfast sammich and where the harbor is.

Also, I've got a room booked already. Not really looking for roommates quite yet, but I might be at some point.

8. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

as someone studying to be a teacher, that would probably be the intelligent thing to do. However, with standardization of tests and the no child left behind act (which both are absolute shit), the educational system has largely moved in the exact opposite direction.
    That's a large part of why I want to work at the college level, not the high school level.

9. Gredd18

If someone doesn't want to learn, Make them have the basics, and then go let them trim hedges or something.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  10. Gredd18

Warning! Cuteness/D'aaaaawwww Overload!

[​IMG]
    Fillyshy Enjoying Nightmare Night in a less... Frightening way.

Spirittis and ImmortalFrog like this.
  11. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

that can actually be quite detrimental. Students frequently don't want to learn, but it's not because they are incapable. It's because they don't have the proper drive or have been taught by their parents or peers in a bad way.

Up to the high school level, the teacher should push each and every student, but students learn in different ways and at different levels. We need to stop neglecting both the gifted and the special needs in an attempt to simply reach a mediocre middle.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  12. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

learning is fun but getting facts drilled into you just to pass tests...:wtf:

Spirittis, ImmortalFrog and Gredd18 like this.
  13. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gredd18 and ImmortalFrog like this.
  14. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

that's test standardization. it focuses only on the lower levels of learning, such as recall and memorization. The higher levels or learning require that you be able to understand and synthesize what you have learned and apply it in ways that you have not learned yet.

15. Gredd18

Yeah, But By the time they start being actual problems in the classroom, it's normally too late. You can only learn the same way you'd teach.
    There was a rumor going around school that if we didn't do well on our tests, Teachers wouldn't get their bonuses. Hell, One teacher had to take leave because the class tormented her too much.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  16. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

But then the bleed hearts will riot in the streets claiming that those poor innocent children just don't know any better, that's why we have to force them to learn pointless asinine subjects that they'll never use!!! Here's an idea, how about we start giving people a choice of what they want to learn starting in secondary/middle school along with practical courses on responsibility, oh wait, that's a good idea and could cause people to not be mindless sheeps, so that'll never happen.

17. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

that's probably part of the RISE program that you're referring to. Student performance does factor into teacher pay rate.

Also, problem students generally (except for the rarer cases where they're mentally or emotionally unstable for some reason) are not actively out to cause trouble. The usually act out because that's one of the few ways they know how to react and it's how life has taught them to act. Any student can learn. Some may be limited due to mental retardation or something similar, but all students are capable of learning.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  18. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

My science teacher said "If you understand something you will never forget it" which i find very true and i would much rather understand why intead of being given a list of rules...

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  19. Gredd18

Yeah, And Most of the teachers I've had are Incompetent. They can teach half the class, the other half doesn't learn shit and falls behind. And Ontop of that, About 3/4 of the school needs repairs, and is going to be in danger of falling down in a few years, but they've got no money.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  20. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

I suck at tests, frankly. You get nothing from passing them other than the skills needed to pass more pointless tests. GLaDOS would be pleased with all of this, wouldn't she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.