1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed playtest relating to beta release

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tarkus, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordbok

lordbok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am still waiting for my GTA to come in the mail D= but also don't forget about all the other great games coming out soon-ish, like Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4 then you got the new consoles and all the launch titles, This is not an ideal time to release but at the same time they shouldn't wait to much longer, it already looks completely playable. Even with this save bug it would still be nice to have a go. There is also nothing wrong with updates via a auto patcher or something of the like, as many has said plenty of games do this.

2. Sledve

Sledve Astral Cartographer

I wish for a time-machine in such a visionary game like Starbound, so i could go pre-beta and see if that game realy sucked.

And based on that results, we can either rip them apart or be thankful for their decision to let us wait for the best possible. :idea:

3. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Obviously it doesn't, as you can see on streams.

//edit: And i49 videos.

4. El Barto 227

El Barto 227 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Uh, the i49 demo is barely playable. It was having major issues, and it was just luck that it didn't crash during the demos

5. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

Abandon hope, all ye who preordered. We will never play this game. We have all been duped by the system!
    Tiy stole our money and actually moved to MEXICO so he couldn't be charged with Grand Theft Funding!
    Speaking of GTF, we all need to Get The Fuck into
    MEXICO and steal our money back from the devs!

VIVA L
    A PREORDER!

6. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Adding an Omni quote to back this up: (Taken from the current dev response tread thus why the quote is by Seria-Myouna )

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

I'm impressed this thread is even still open... especially with all the crazy talk.

Trowzers and Bahdler like this.
  8. Bahdler

Bahdler Astral Cartographer

Like moths to a flame. If not, they are everywhere.

Zoolot likes this.
  9. Aqualex

Aqualex Subatomic Cosmonaut

No need to be so mad about it.

Darkhog likes this.
  10. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

11. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Insanitor and Darkhog like this.
  12. ayunox

ayunox Phantasmal Quasar

Darkhog and enemarius86 like this.
  13. Scye

Scye Phantasmal Quasar

I agree, it would suck and I would be pissed, but they are trying their hardest to develop this as fast as they can. They can't snap their fingers and the game is done. The thing I'm angry at now is that they've pushed the release back instead of waiting until they knew for sure the time span of the possible release date

RedDire and Darkhog like this.
  14. Besys

Besys Void-Bound Voyager

Same feeling. I will never pre-order a Chucklefish's game again. Even if Starbound is a great game (and I hope it will as it's "almost done" for 2 years), I'll remember this team as unexpenrienced and with the worst customer management ever.

Thanks god, Terraria is back !

Darkhog likes this.
  15. McRib

McRib Astral Cartographer

(Edit: for better understanding; all this release date problems are related to the point that starbound has no real publisher and why is it good as it is.)

I dont understand you guys,

Do you want a game that is bugfree and working or do you want a game where the release date is more importend than the game himself? Many games change release date. Even on the last minutes. If you want unfinished games that is really raw meat and will never be finished than play Legends of Pegasus. (Warning this game is still pre-pre-alpha and will never be finished!) Another bad example that happend this year is the Citadel a game where the devs run off.

That are only 2 examples of games in the last year that the dev didnt got the time to finish them because of "evil" publisher.

The point is, i dont understand why so many people are angry with something that they have pre-ordner it. If you pre-ordner a game the release date of this game especially if this over 6 month or more in the future can und will be changed if the publisher let it and if it nessary. So be happy that this publisher allow the devs to finish there work before release it. (That was the point why i support this game because it is publisher is not a another company)

Many another games dont get this chance and will be scrap and ript of to squezze the last money out of it so the publisher get this money he invest back even the game is unfinished. Therefore we get a lot more free content all two weekly (?) base with new story and events. How many another dev you know did offer this "free content"? And please dont say EA (laughing). ( year i know that is a publisher but still i want to make this joke ;) )

You are right that this game is now late for over 1 year and the reason truly are that the dev didnt manage they working time properly or the work amount that is coming. But dint forget this is a game and for some dev that is a dream. As an artist you can get the time you need to finish you work/dream and this game is a bit more than only a game it has a lot of hearthblood in it and that make games unique and great and so the devs want to finish they art before they release it. That is only my point why the devs are working so long on it instand off shortcut it to be done in time.

McRib

Active Link likes this.
  16. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

First of all, Starbound will be finished.

Second of all, "raw meat" release won't stop them from making updates to it.

Third of all - if it won't be released,
    <----- certain people will start to badmouth them and if it'd be released, even if after opening game will be BSODing (but in this case it's user failure to use proper operating system instead of Windows) they'd be happy.

17. McRib

McRib Astral Cartographer

i think you didnt get what im saying. ;) I only said that this game because of non existing publisher has some issues with time management but on the another hand will make the game much better and bigger than it would be if a publisher would put her finger on it. (Most publisher contracts have deadlines)

McRib

18. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

I feel like we need to pressure the devs harder, maybe crack a few whips. Maybe demand refunds for an undelivered product. I for one am of the popular belief that if I paid for something under the pretense that I would have it delivered, I would like a more accurate deadline than: "I guess sometime this year maybe, but it wont be the full version like we've promised 2 years ago. Whoops, our bad, I guess. Eat a dick and thanks for all the money I mean uh, Thank you for your kind patience."

Its almost like I was right all along. TO MEXICO! For $$REFUNDS$$!

19. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I could be wrong, but they've been saying "this year sometime" since before the pre-order went up. So I'm not sure why you think they aren't delivering on time or something.

totallybob likes this.
  20. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Doesn't matter either way. Developers would usually have an exact release date by now. I wouldn't be surprised if Tiy came and said "Lol, beta for December 31st and full release in Q4 2014.".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.