1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimja

Nimja Pangalactic Porcupine

Try not to be judgemental, we all have our ways of dealing with "The Wait".

Hey, at least this is not HL3 (or HL2 EP3)... sniffle...

2. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Fair call, but I wish people would leave their negativity at home, rather than spreading it around the forum.

3. Enderpainter

Enderpainter Void-Bound Voyager

I hope these guys are happy while they work
    :monkey:

4. Nimja

Nimja Pangalactic Porcupine

Good! Keep remembering that ;)

mister six likes this.
  5. TheBoidieKing

TheBoidieKing Void-Bound Voyager

"Official release date is 9/19/13"

It is currently 9/25/13. Could have at least released the beta or something seeing how you clearly didn't reach such a deadline.

Starting to wonder if this game will even come out at all.

6. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

That is not the release date.

It came from a misreading of tiys post.

What you are talking about basically says this:

This information "Official release date is 2013" is no longer accurate and has been struck out as of 9/19/13 but left in the post for archival/integrity purposes. Also in this context offical release date refers to that of the full game, not the beta, beta is still slated for sometime in 2013.

Sorry if I sound a little snippy but I have had to explain this multiple times.

TL;DR: The release date is not and has never been 9/19/13. 9/19/13 is when Tiy struck out that line in his post, nothing more.

Jonesy and Active Link like this.
  7. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

I highly doubt that with all the work they've done on the game they'll just scrap the game and not release it. And while I am upset about them not releasing the game at the given dates, I don't feel like it's my place to complain about it. I don't have the work ethic to make something like Starbound, and I especially wouldn't after I got the same amount of flak the devs are getting about the beta.
    On the bright side, the daily updates are probably starting up again tomorrow, so there's that to look forward to.
    The game will release. Just be patient.

8. rustybeats

rustybeats Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really good at dancing and everyone loves my guacamole.

Knomic likes this.
  9. Knomic

Knomic Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can't they just focus on the bugs in the tiers that are pretty much complete (i.e tier 1) and release the tiers to the public instead?

Pingeh likes this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

19/9/13 was the date the information got updated. Not the release date.

11. Francis

Francis Space Spelunker

Wait isn't starbound suppose to come out last summer............???????

;)

12. SpaceGorrila6969

SpaceGorrila6969 Big Damn Hero

Shhhhh... We don't talk about that.:cautious:

13. Catzalot

Catzalot Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, quick question about the beta, will we have a standalone version of the game, or do we need steam to play?

14. Inurian

Inurian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now I, personally, would be happy to play a beta rampant with bugs, even crash bugs, because we could help squash them, but on the scale that starbound is at, the player frustration overall with crash bugs would be too high to release it currently, and, as seen with the ((Fantastic, but highly unfinished still)) game FireFall, players will instantly complain if there's not enough content in your beta, even though the true purpose of the beta is for players in general to help improve the game by squashing bugs, improving gameplay mechanics through feedback, and making it the most fun experience it can be overall.

linkthegamer likes this.
  15. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

You get a standalone version too.

16. Catzalot

Catzalot Intergalactic Tourist

Sweet, lost the Email account I used to sign up for steam way back when, and I don't remember the password.
    Annnnd, because I am lazy (and don't play many PC games anymore), I don't feel like signing up again.

17. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Actually the full release was supposed to come out 2013 "no matter what".

That has been pushed back to 2014 as of this time.

Pingeh and LeifGram like this.
  18. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Can we please give this a rest? We've had this argument over and over and over again, and I'm betting that everyone is as heartily sick of it as I am. It's done. The devs got it wrong. They explained, and they've apologised. This is all in the past, and nothing that anyone says can change that. Can we now look forward rather than playing the blame game all the time?

Serenity, linkthegamer and Jonesy like this.
  19. jbg00g

jbg00g Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys. I have been thinking to my self about why they are postponing the beta release so much? Betas are to help the devs find bugs, glitches and other things right? Well the terraria update is around the corner and I think I'm not the only starbound fan that is excited for the update. Well, my idea is that terraria wont be the only big thing that day. I think that the beta will release tuesday along with the update for terraria so people will play starbound and not terraria. I mean, think about it. They plan on releasing beta and game this year? With only 3 months left? Well in my opinion that is kinda a short beta. But anyway this is my theory for beta release.

Pingeh likes this.
  20. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

There are a few problems with that theory. There is no reason for them to compete directly with Terraria in that fashion much less a need to. The release date has already been pushed back to sometime in 2014. I remember seeing something about early 2014 but I am not entirely sure. The final point is they have already told us why they haven't released a beta. They are still putting together enough content and squashing major problems before they release the beta.

Cirom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.