1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I believe so, since going gold without testing MP in the wild would be massively dumb (no offense). I believe from what we know so far the only things you will not have in beta are: The main storyline, Novakids, Teirs 4-10 and possibly X. Likely a few things i forgot, there will also likely be a few new things added to but those are the big ones that for now seem confirmed to be planned for omission from the beta phase for time/spoiler reasons.

Jonesy and aRandomBob like this.
  2. rewjeo

rewjeo Big Damn Hero

And any of those things may appear partway through the beta. Or, at least, that was the impression I was under. I imagine that the game being "fully" released would be more of a technicality than anything else, especially since there's planned to be so much post-release content.

3. linkthegamer

"Full" will basically mark that the storyline and progression system are complete from what i understand.

onerb2 likes this.
  4. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

I thought he was being sarcastic/trolly when talking about my English, I thought he was trying being a dick, I said that for that reason, i already replied to him resolving this....

onerb2 likes this.
  5. ForceablePlace

Well it was nice meeting you, and thanks for clarifying that, I presume where done here then? :)

And again, sorry for saying "Fuck you" as I took what you said as a Insult/the wrong way ;)

Bye Bye now!

onerb2 and §hifter like this.
  6. ForceablePlace

Welcome! there is not yet a release date, The beta is set for 2013, and the Full release is 2013 or 2014, Maybe change your Profile pic, and dont start fights :)

Some tips i could give are, please dont beg for the beta, or spam about it in the forums,
    and make sure you put your threads you make in the correct location, or they will be moved, or removed!

Enjoy your stay!

onerb2 and §hifter like this.
  7. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

We actually have a semi-specific release date already if you think about it! We know it's not next month, so that means that it could either be November, or December.

8. linkthegamer

If you are going off what Bartwe said I have heard there is some contention over weather that meant October or September (since it was pretty near the start of it). Even then that would only add October.

Source:

Katzeus likes this.
  9. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

The way the developers are talking, the earliest I would expect it is in the middle of December.

10. linkthegamer

Would be a good idea anyway, if it is earlier you can be happy it came about before you were expecting, and if not then you were not heart set on it.

11. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Wanna know how to NEVER be disappointed?
    Have the mindset:
    It'll be out when it's out

12. linkthegamer

That is the best way to look at it.

Echo, Jonesy and Zoolot like this.
  13. Shilalydawg

Shilalydawg Phantasmal Quasar

Or when it's ready. I think of it as the devs cooking something. They're making sure the dish is perfect before they give it to you, I mean, who wants eat raw meat and poorly seasoned sides?
    I feel like people should be supportive of the game releasing in a better condition, rather than as soon as possible.
    Because let's be honest, if the people who want it "NOW" got the game tomorrow, they would complain about the bugs and incomplete nature of the game.

14. Choedon

Choedon Void-Bound Voyager

OMG I will have to buy adult sized diapers cause I will play this for weeks without end.

onerb2 likes this.
  15. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

well, the best we can do is wait, the game is coming and it seems pretty good.

linkthegamer likes this.
  16. ForceablePlace

My Skyrim addictions coming back! But my Mod Finger is starting to Itch!

Jonesy likes this.
  17. LordZ

LordZ Space Hobo

yah i was just wandering

18. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

I am making a psychic reading as to speculation of the date of the beta release. I am receiving a message from the beyond that Starbound beta will release at some point between the 7th and 17th of November. Hopefully the "forces that be" are not just massive trolls and didn't trick me into making a fool of myself on the internet, but there you go. November 7th - 17th. That's my estimate, for what it's worth.

onerb2 and greenman like this.
  19. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

FINALLY, an answer. :rolleyes:

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  20. linkthegamer

You know if you manage to get this right you will be flooded with request to tell people their futures and contact dead relatives.

WoxandWarf, onerb2 and Leather Rabbit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.